[MAFIA] - SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI {GAME OVER}

Now the real question is this: How am I gonna top this game?

the answer is it's impossibururu so i wont even try ;p
I probably should have looked through the thread again for every mention of role-claims and YHWH by Nessy and psy during my time as Lucifer. I was already begging for the game to end at that point though so, eh.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Psy claiming to be Pale Rider should have been the nail in the coffin for Law. The only thing more bold than Death claiming to be YHWH is Lucifer claiming to be YHWH.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Reading dead chat now is really entertaining. Maybe more entertaining than the actual game.

I thought psy's reason for changing claims was because he realized he needed to convince Liberty he wasn't YHWH. Meanwhile my mental stability was gradually degrading due to not knowing my win condition and I started acting like a lunatic to try to get info out of psy and nessy.

Around day 6 or 7 I also became convinced that both of them were neutral and were in a chat together, and that there wasn't a Law faction at all. Eventually Cavedog just straight up told me that was wrong though.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Welp, as with every game, I was completely useless, and ruined everything for my team.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
I love how I blocked Libs on like the second our first night so nobody died and everyone was happy.
re: slamming heads into brick walls by repeatedly killing Lucifer -- When I roleclaimed YHWH, I didn't know Law's true win condition. I really didn't care about Law's true win condition anyway. When I started going after Yellow Magic, I was hoping he was YHWH, not Lucifer, and by the time I knew how Law was actually supposed to win, we'd already sudoku'd everything so much that YHWH could only be me or Nessiah.

So after I met my own win condition, it turned out I could achieve /another/ win by becoming Lucifer (I think). Assuming Liberty knew her own lose condition, the only way that would happen was if there were very, very few choices left (ie killing everyone else). Nessy also straight up said she'd convert me to law if she died, which for a while thought would get me immediately killed by people mad about fakeclaiming. So I think it really was the best strategy for me, anyway, to force Lucifer/Liberty to reroll as many times as possible. If Nessy was actually chosen, I think that would've been game over without me getting my extra win. I think it worked out - it was either going to be a law win or my win, and I did owe Nessy for the info that got my original win condition met.

@Odd: I'm still pissed people killed you while I was sleeping, setting up seances with piano to convince people about the roleswap was going to be a ton of fun. Actually I'm more upset that my partner was literally the only nightkill.

@Cave: This might've dragged on a bit but was still pretty fun haha. Plus I got to stab Ratty.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I've definitely never seen a mafia game get to night 9 before.
It was incredibly fun to watch from the sidelines. Made me wish I signed up for it!

Oh, also, after reading deadchat - keep in mind Nessy and I didn't actually know if the current Lucifer was recruiting or it was Liberty making the choices, or if those players were in communication at all. We also didn't know for sure if Lucifer knew their own real lose condition, because I don't think Nessy was ever told "recruiting Lucifer loses the game." At least I never got that info from her.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
also the setup was originally just a troll idea so in the respect that players had to watch a million neo-lucifers pop up, i think mission accomplshed

i'm definitely never going to run a game this complicated again though. the energy spent constantly checking like 8 google docs, and writing flavor (glad I abandoned that because w h e w. it would've been just various stories throughout the ages of law/chaos manipulating humanity with the wins of each faction taken into account when writing the final scenario. probably it would've ended on TO BE CONTINUED.)and formatting all those fucking day actions (also abandoned) really wore me down combined with irl shit. should've just done ANIME MADNESS game.

Also valkyrie profile would've made more fitting flavor. Hrist recruiting Einherjar vs Lenneth..

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=psy_wombats
Oh, also, after reading deadchat - keep in mind Nessy and I didn't actually know if the current Lucifer was recruiting or it was Liberty making the choices, or if those players were in communication at all. We also didn't know for sure if Lucifer knew their own real lose condition, because I don't think Nessy was ever told "recruiting Lucifer loses the game." At least I never got that info from her.

Nessy was told that lucifer recruiting her (yhwh) would make lucifer lose the game.
I should have followed my gut instead of allowing myself to be swayed. Hell, I should have slept first instead of making a decision at 3am, high on exhaust fumes from the car next door leaking through a crack in my window after a Suiko-game stream. Mafia and Suikoden doesn't mix, we all know that.

I think I'll be taking some cues from this game for the next, though. ;p
Actually, one of the problems was that I also relied on others information instead of looking through the thread again myself. usually I got hunting for information and posts, but because I couldn't post in the thread I got into this mindset of "I'm not really playing anymore" and let others give information to me instead of checking it out myself. I still read along with what happened but I didn't double/triple check shit like I usually do.

So yeah, that's one me, even though my gut was screaming at me about Nessy, I ignored it in favour of information I couldn't and/or didn't verify for myself. >.<;
LockeZ
Liberty you should run another Suikoden mafia. With the same setup as the last one.

author=LockeZ
what was the end of the world and why didn't it happen
hahahaha

"End of the World" was just another name for LYLO when it was presented to me. piano and I portrayed it as some kind of giant game-ending event so that no-lynch would be less tempting. We needed as many people dying as possible to get info on their roles.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
The problem was that with no lynching, LYLO kept moving and then nobody was figuring out that lynching Lucifer every day wasn't the right way to go about things, which pushed LYLO even further back.
What can I say? I am the illuminati and psy was chosen :3
I honestly was going to recruit lockez at first since I felt he was a LAW member but psy_wombats also felt exactly right because team neutral is honestly the best lol.
LockeZ
I mean, I was desperately fishing for additional options but no one would tell me anything. And the two people who clearly knew what was going on kept fucking lynching Lucifer! "Law-aligned players can win by intentionally lynching their own leader" is not exactly something I could've come up with on my own, and if Nessy knew that, I'm pretty annoyed that she never just lynched herself to end the madness.