DELETING COMMENTS

Pages: first 12 next last
I wish it was possible to delete, or at least edit a comment I send on a game page. Sometimes I just want to test an html code, or maybe I mistyped something, and it's annoying have to make another post saying "sorry, I mistyped". Is it possible?
I think WIP said that he'll be doing an edit button for the gameprofles soon, but I don't know when.
You aren't allowed to delete any embarrassing comments you make but you are allowed to claim that you were drunk when you made them. :P
WIP likes to keep records of stuff, so deleting will never be an option for comments.
The inability to edit my comments forces me to double and triple comment.
Also, even though there's a delete button, I can't delete blog posts. Button doesn't work.
post=121204
You aren't allowed to delete any embarrassing comments you make but you are allowed to claim that you were drunk when you made them. :P

I'm making a T-shirt out of this.
Ok I didn't know that I'm not able to delete my comments, so I made a couple of dummy once just to test my CSS...
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
6 Year Necropost, congrats.

Also you can edit your posts nowdays.
In other words, we're not as strict about necroposting as other sites, but make sure it's on topic. ;p
Geez. How many pages deep did you have to go to find a thread from 2010?
You only need one page: Search.

"Necroposting" is a dumb concept, borne out of the neurotic posting habits of teenagers (like "double posting" which is equally dumb to condemn on a forum for adults). File all information under their proper headers. If the topic is still relevant, bring it to the fore to present new information or ask a question under the same heading. Then, if it hasn't been answered before, it's answered, adding to the subject knowledge pool. That's it.

A topic like "2015 Presidential Candidates?" will most likely have an expiration date for new relevant information. "Fossils inside Certain Rocks and Minerals?" will not.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Because this necropost was deffo new and relevant information.
2010: "Back in my day we didn't have those fancy edit buttons for our game pages."
author=Zachary_Braun
You only need one page: Search.

"Necroposting" is a dumb concept, borne out of the neurotic posting habits of teenagers (like "double posting" which is equally dumb to condemn on a forum for adults). File all information under their proper headers. If the topic is still relevant, bring it to the fore to present new information or ask a question under the same heading. Then, if it hasn't been answered before, it's answered, adding to the subject knowledge pool. That's it.

A topic like "2015 Presidential Candidates?" will most likely have an expiration date for new relevant information. "Fossils inside Certain Rocks and Minerals?" will not.

I'm so sorry you hate the idea of a rule against spamming a page with comments when you can hit edit and add more thoughts to your previous post.
;p

That said, there are going to be topics that will stick around through the years and probably come back into use over time. I mean, there's a reason we don't lock stuff - we don't mind relevant necro-posting as long as it is based on the topic in question. Just do keep an eye out for the date anyway, and think about whether a new topic may or may not be a good idea. In this case I don't really see an issue - playful poking commenced in response, as should be (non-playful poking please stop).

We give a little leeway for accidents like this. I mean, I've done the same thing before, as I'm sure most of us have - searched for a particular topic and then went to post (or posted) and realised afterwards that the topic date was older than your last relationship (or something). No biggie.
author=Liberty
We give a little leeway for accidents like this. I mean, I've done the same thing before, as I'm sure most of us have - searched for a particular topic and then went to post (or posted) and realised afterwards that the topic date was older than your last relationship (or something). No biggie.

Yeah, it is bound to happen sometimes. I am not going to lie the dates are a bit small sometimes and we can forget they are there.
the rules aren't so that RMN runs smoothly, they are there so that you filthy peons all know your place.
Necroposting to me has always been a strange concept, but it depends on the forum. On another site we don't encourage necroposting because it could overshadow someone's project that is more relevant & active unless it was something important.

However on here I would think if it was Welp! Topic that I don't see the issue, but I'm not the admin, so I really have no say in the matter.
Pages: first 12 next last