RATINGS ON SCREENSHOTS

Pages: first prev 123 last
author=Sooz
GET A BETTER COMPUTER, SCRUB!!!

Most laptops are limited to around 1300x768 resolution which leaves about 2 inches of blue space on the sides.

Maybe next time don't make assumptions based on what you have and assume the reasons why others don't have the same thing.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Link_2112
author=Sooz
GET A BETTER COMPUTER, SCRUB!!!
Most laptops are limited to around 1300x768 resolution which leaves about 2 inches of blue space on the sides.

Two inches is more than enough to make a vertical strip of thumbnails the same size as the ones in the Buzzing section, bruh.
It's all good, Link. I know I'm using a resolution not fitting of the 21st century. I like it because it helps me pixelize.
blame the site owner's monitor. It maxes out at 1280x800

(a new monitor has been on his TO BUY list for about ... 6 years now)

E:
y'all should do a fundraiser for him so that he can buy a new $99 monitor on Black Friday
I see that everyone has strong points. I'd like to show a summary of the ideas from what I understood so far:

Ideas/Problems:

* Rating system on all Videos/Artwork/Audio and media in general.
* Marking screenshot as needing additional feedback exists but not everyone knows about it.
* Bringing back the Random Image category (exists in the images page but the website makes it confusing).
* Dyhalto's suggestion of a series of random screenshots instead of a single one on the front page.
* Like system could be invisible and only the developer could see it
* The ScreenShot Survival XX thread shows that not only it's dificult to have feedback but also, because of the way the forum works (the way it is programmed), people avoid making feedback of old pictures, making a bunch of pictures too hard to find.
* There needs to be more interaction on the game pages.

So far the main issue is that having a score/like/emotion system for media could be bad since that would make certain games to appear much more than others, that and possibly create more unnecessary workload for the server in some way. From what IF and others said, one approach to solve that would possibly be something like an invisible like, where only the developer/owner of the image would be able to see the likes or the number of likes, which in my opinion doesn't sound bad. That might solve the problem of some of the users who want to give quicker responses. It's not as good as a comment but definitely more people would give their opinions that way. People may have lots of reasons not to comment. Like bad engrish for example (Like mine hahaha). Also, that would most certainly not remove the possibility to comment, it would be just an alternative to show what one thinks about the game.

There are certain pages in RMN almost no one seems to know that exist, like those Marrend mentioned. Perhaps RMN is like a dungeon crawler, you must go deep to find all of its secret pages (Actually, a dungeon crawler game in the website is not a bad idea at all). Jokes aside, perhaps there is a way to make it a bit less confusing.

The Screenshots Survival thread, or any big image thread for that matter, makes it difficult to receive feedback, making it only useful to receive a small amount of feedbacks in a short period of time. Although some people might like it the way it is, perhaps the invisible like/emotion system could work here.

I think one of things that might help finding the games would be an image searching by its game criteria, and adding to it the possibility to sort it randomly. For example the VNDB website does this, in the front page it shows 4 pictures from random distinct games. And at the bottom of the page there is a random phrase said by a character from a random game. Perhaps something like that could be made. That way you could search for images from games who are e.g. ARPGs in RM2k3 in random order. Since the images page is hard to find you could add a link to this kind of search in the games search page.

Ohhh by the way, if the RMN's programmer(s) could add a little bit more of AJAX and asynchronous requests to make the website more fluid, that would be great. ;)

... Just kidding, I know it's a lot of work actually.
Voting could be an idea to find how what the community wants as opposed to the most vocal elements want?
Pages: first prev 123 last