DUNGEONS VS. DRAG-MARINES 69K - NO DRAG'S DIE

Pages: first prev 123 last
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Huh. Is the Tank seriously trying to help me save my valuable equipment in the middle of battle? Who would have thought that? Maybe this guy actually isn't quite as braindead as I thought. After I already lost the "spaceship" I stole, I really don't want to lose anything else. So I readily accept his help.

"Thanks, comrade! It'd be a shame to leave this behind."

author=OzzyTheOne
Btw NeverSilent, will you really be my friend? Will you shoot happy friendliness pellets at me?

Golly, don't worry. Your old friend NeSi is with you until the very end.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=NeverSilent
author=OzzyTheOne
Btw NeverSilent, will you really be my friend? Will you shoot happy friendliness pellets at me?

Golly, don't worry. Your old friend NeSi is with you until the very end.

Trick question, DON'T YOU WANNA TOUCHA THE CHILD!!??

(Sorry for talking non DRAG/DUNG stuff :P )
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
DM - NeverSilent (The Turtle) LVL2 (EXP:1)
Inventory
10x Space Screws
1 Thermal Shield Panel (Broken)
1 Energy Core (1/2 charge)
1 Tank of Oxygen (24 hour use)
33 Sprockets of varying size
2 Sprocket Blades
2 Grenades
2 Dungeon Pearls

DRAG-Suit #3688 (Blue Chrome w/ White Lights)
2 Hip-Mounted High-Action Assault Plasma Guns
COMM Unit (world-wide communication)
Hyperdrive Repair Kit
Jetpack (50-ft charge, solar powered)

DM - Ozzy (The Tank) LVL2 (EXP:1)
Inventory
10 Platinum Axes

DRAG-Suit #3712 (Green)
Local Area COMM
Plasma-Katana
Collapsible 120mm Plasma Cannon

Dungeon Vocabulary
Warrior

As the pair of you wrench the shield panel, a blast rips into the shield. Tucked beneath the protection, the pair of you bolt into rocky cover. All around you, it is raining plasma. The ground is torn apart with every step.

When you reach shelter, the shield is as good as useless against any sort of energy weapons, though may have some physical uses at some point.

You see the two jets blast overhead, and it's all too audible that they're landing just out of view. Likely preparing to pursue you on foot.

Thermal Shield Panel is now Broken.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
"Muahahahahha!! Big mistake for them to leave their spaceships!" I turn towards my comrade in arms "let's kill some dungs, shall we? I'll be the distraction and you take the jump on them!"

I proceed to take two of my handaxes into my hands and prepare to jump out of cover to attack the dungs with insults in hopes of them to focus solely on me. In case that they are within throwing distance, I'll throw my handaxes at one of them.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Oh no! My poor Shield Panel! Well, it's done its service for us. Even with my Hyperdrive Repair Kit, there's no way I could fix this thing without the proper spare parts. Still, there's no way I'm leaving the remains behind.

"Wait a moment before you get yourself killed. Those Dungs will definitely outnumber us. Now that there's still some distance between us, we need to use that time to get prepared for their attack."

I begin searching through my inventory. If only I had some better materials, then I could maybe set up some spring traps... But I'll have to work with what I have now.
Using my Hyperdrive Kit, I quickly remove some electronics from the busted Shield Panel. Using These and some of the materials from my inventory, I try to improvise a simple mechanical switch that I can activate remotely using my COMM Unit. I attach this to the pin of one of my grenades and hide it under some rubble on the ground where I expect the Dungs to walk past it.

"See? This is why you should never throw away anything. You never know when it might come in handy."

(Dudesoft, I know nothing about mechanics or electronics in real life. So in case any of my actions aren't possible, just let me know and I'll think of something else.)
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
"Excuse me, but I think you have the wrong impression about me comrade, I might like to go headstraight into battle, but I'll let you know I can build a tank given enough time and proper materials, heck, I could even turn my platinum axes into something that isn't meant to chop if I so feel like it!"

Seeing as my comrade isn't up for a frontal assault, I follow his ambush idea and try to polish some of my axes as much as possible, trying to turn them into reflective mirrors.

"If we position these propeerly further inside the cave, we could blind our enemies with a simple flashlight, we would use the reflective surfice of my axes to blind them in the darkness and attack while they're disoriented!"

Ugh, I really dislike when people see my liking of the direct approach as a sign of lower inteligence. But I guess that's more my fault, seeing as I never really show a lot of thought when I make any battle plans.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
DM - NeverSilent (The Turtle) LVL2 (EXP:1)
Inventory
10x Space Screws
1 Thermal Shield Panel (Broken)
1 Energy Core (1/2 charge)
1 Tank of Oxygen (24 hour use)
33 Sprockets of varying size
2 Sprocket Blades
2 Grenades
2 Dungeon Pearls

DRAG-Suit #3688 (Blue Chrome w/ White Lights)
2 Hip-Mounted High-Action Assault Plasma Guns
COMM Unit (world-wide communication)
Hyperdrive Repair Kit
Jetpack (50-ft charge, solar powered)

DM - Ozzy (The Tank) LVL2 (EXP:1)
Inventory
10 Platinum Axes

DRAG-Suit #3712 (Green)
Local Area COMM
Plasma-Katana
Collapsible 120mm Plasma Cannon

Dungeon Vocabulary
Warrior

Your trap has been laid.
There is a distant noise of dirt shifting beneath the cloven hoof-like feet of the Dungeon race's four legs. You hear the gargles, clicks and spluttering of their language.
(Ozzy, you distinctly hear the word "Warrior" twice in their dialogue.)
After a few minutes tick by, nothing has happened.
There are no advancing enemy. Instead of what you hoped to happen, you instead hear a distant rumbling. High above, in the sky a storm of fighter jets suddenly begin to funnel in towards the planet. Perhaps the search for DRAG-Marines was taking too long.
While you notice this, another alert appears as the two Dung who've been hunting you come into view near the hidden grenade...

edit: Also, can you guys keep to 1 post per turn? It doesn't bother me, but worries me if we ever got another or more players. Things could get out of hand. If your character makes a choice to act, that's just your character. It's okay to make mistakes or whatever.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I stare at the Tank in disbelief. Did... did this oaf just improvise a trap?! Did he just think of something creative?! And he talked about building a vehicle out of scrap material?!

For a moment, I can barely hold back from starting to talk about my own technological research, and that one time I built a fully functional rocket-powered hoverboard out of a broken toaster, a garbage container and a hydrogen torpedo, or the plans for a tachyon accelerator I have been working on for 6 years now, and how I once managed to overclock a space jet engine using nothing but a screwdriver, and... and...

No. Wait. We're still in danger. I whisper to my comrade:
"They're sending in reinforcements to find us. After I blow these guys up, we better retreat deeper into the caves. But hey... If we somehow come across a heap of old trash somewhere, we're totally going to build a tank together, okay?"

As soon as the Dungs get close to my hidden grenade, I trigger the switch and begin moving further into the cave.
I also search through my inventory to see if I can find anything that could serve as a light source. If there's no other option, the screen of my COMM Unit will have to do.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I wait in the shadows, hiding from the dungs line of sight, if the Turtle manages to pull of our mirror tactic I'll try to punce on the dungs an beat them to death with 2 axes.

Sorry for responding so late! I didn't know it was my turn! D:
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Sorry for being a bother, but is this game still going? I at least really hope we can pick this up again soon.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Well, it's all up to dudesoft, maybe he's busy with life? Who knows, maybe if we spawn his notice box enough with random posts here, he might notice us.

NOTICE ME SENPAI!!!!
Pages: first prev 123 last