FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Wait, but you didn't get Luneth to 99 for the +40% EXP materia?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i talked about it but never actually did. the call of the pecil damage output was too high.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Craze
Celes's first command is Fire/Holy, predominately Holy because of EnHoly on BSB installation. Maria's Song is ridiculous.

How does enholy even work, exactly? I assumed it turned non-elemental attacks into holy attacks, but I guess that's not how it works?
Craze
Installing an element does the following things (in this order):

-Turns normal attacks into what's essentially 1.0x spellblades of that element (as in, your normal 1.0x Attack command with Enholy is now Holy physical damage with the same damage ratio)
-In multi-element abilities, the installed element is chosen over others unless there's a worthwhile* weakness available to hit
-Raises your damage with that element by 50%

* worthwhile weaknesses meaning that if you are using Meltdown with EnEarth installed against an enemy with Imperil Fire on it, Earth is going to be chosen because Imperil Fire only raises damage taken by 20% whereas your installation raises it by 50%. This does mean that you don't get the bonus weakness hit soul gauge, which is why it's usually preferable to have both Imperil and En-element.

Non-elemental is actually an element in and of itself, that just has almost no interactions with anything ever. (Nightmare Ultima Buster is one such exception). As such, it doesn't get modified. Kind of a shame, it would really help out some older skills/SBs XD

So, your Celes will be dealing Holy damage with her first BSB command unless 1) the enemy resists Holy or 2) the enemy has an innate 150-200% weakness to Fire

I just got Excal-6/Indomitable Blade from the lucky draw, so now I can equip Celes with Excal-6, Plat Shield, Azure Blade (Pecil RM3), and cast Maria's Song for +120% Holy damage. If only I had an Imperil Holy... Refia was beating her in pure damage before (I got her SSB and BSB), but now I think Celes has the upper hand since I don't have a Fire+ melee weapon.

Let's see... Refia with Balthier (Imperil Fire) can stack that +20% with +50% EnFire, +20% from her armor, and +30% from Edge's RM2. ...I guess they're even, or Refia still has the upper hand since she generates SB more quickly. Needs two characters, though. At least Balthier has an amazing kit.

edit: STOP THE PRESSES, Refia's second BSB command gives her a Dark Bargain effect. Refia wins full-stop.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Ah I see. That explains a lot.
Craze
this felt rull good

Dusk's Decree/Inferno/Sea Lord's Broadside/Maria's Song + Indomitable Blade/Divine Heal/Mighty Guard 8

get dunked
Jeroen_Sol
If you get lucky in these multiplayer fights and get Gyshal greens, then you get really lucky, damn. Too bad all the other rewards are trash.

I decided I'd risk 60 energy going into Amandyne 140 as raid leader for the potential 6000 greens, and sure enough, I got them.

That's 6 extra mythril I won't have to head into the daily dungeons for.

Yeah I know, I should get the temporary major orbs in the gyshal exchange as well, but I just can't be bothered to grind so many greens, okay?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Whoever came up with Kefka's spell names is clearly a next level genius.

Craze
I really want to play a rom hack now that just changes half of his lines to "gwee-hee-hee espers are all mine". i did get pretty close on my last playthrough, where i named everybody KEFKA.
Jeroen_Sol
I keep wondering. Is there a Soul Break that works like Divine Guardian except it raises Defense rather than resistance? And if so, does anyone have a friend code I can use to get it as RW?
LockeZ
Nope. Not in Japan either. The closest you're gonna get is Porom's Sync, which heals all allies for a lot of HP and grants hastega.

In early February we'll be getting Edge's Eblan Mirage, which grants Haste, Last Stand and Physical Blink to all allies. That's probably what you really want. (Last Stand lets you survive a killing blow with 1 HP. It's like a better version of Reraise because you don't lose your buffs.)
author=Jeroen_Sol
I keep wondering. Is there a Soul Break that works like Divine Guardian except it raises Defense rather than resistance? And if so, does anyone have a friend code I can use to get it as RW?

We're about to get Angeal, whose SSB gives the party high regen and +100% def, plus deals some damage. If it was the hastega you wanted, then I think you're out of luck.
Two amazing things happened today.
One, I finished finals for the semester.
Two,

I'm actually more excited about the Leo SSB. GO GENERAL LEO!
Jeroen_Sol
author=Tirear
author=Jeroen_Sol
We're about to get Angeal, whose SSB gives the party high regen and +100% def, plus deals some damage. If it was the hastega you wanted, then I think you're out of luck.

I can get the Hastega from my native Shout. It was the combination of Major regen + Def up I was after, so this sounds great!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I started playing this game about a week ago. I'm not very far along, but I'm also playing through the FFVI event and I got General Leo, too, before deciding it might be a good idea to grind on some older levels. I have one dungeon to go before finishing the FFVI event.
Jeroen_Sol
What is wrong with these bosses? Bahamut deals 1700+ to my entire party with a group physical attack while I have Stoneskin II, Protectga, Beryl Serpent and Steal Power active? What the hell kind of Attack stat is that?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
It sounds like something I'd grind for.
LockeZ
Right Flank is crazy strong for a skill with no cooldown or pattern. Weirdly, Bahamut pretty much stops using it and switches to magic when he gets low on HP. He still has a 3% chance to use it, but if protectga or power break wears off during the final phase, you can probably ignore it, and just plan to reset the fight if you see Right Flank. He has a 97% chance to use magic.

Seems like he might actually be as strong as Mote Dungeon Ifrit. Bringing two healers is back in vogue! At least you don't have to beat him with an all-FF7 team.
Craze
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5j9l3u/list_of_legend_materia/

lockez we got interesting passives finally

also on buff lucky draw i got vincent's faithga, nanaki's super HotE, and luneth's lust dagger(!!!!!!). very pleased. also recently got whale whisker on 100 gems from ff6 banner 2, which was sick in the magic-heavy cid mission.
LockeZ
Oh damn, they're actually giving characters new stuff to differentiate them. That's really cool. We definitely have a ton of very similar characters now so this should make the gameplay a lot more interesting.

All I got was some old-ass bullshit for Sazh from the lucky draw. Screw you game. Giving me Caltrop Bomb when I already had The Choco-Chick, which is just a better version of Caltrop Bomb.