FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Wow, I underestimated how much of a difference Lifesiphon would make. Zidane turned into a murdering machine by being able to pull off Shift Break every few turns.

Thanks for the tips!
Yes I focused all of my Mythril on refreshes during Anniversary Orbfest and the one we just had. I only ever pulled on Lucky Banners and the Anniversary/Burst Breakfast banners too to get the most bang for my (lack of) bucks.

The trinity is: Relics, Soul Breaks, and Hones - the first two are totally up to chance, and the last one you have almost complete control over.

edit
And if you're ever lacking part of the three, substitute it with Synergy.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I've been grinding mythril the last few days. I decided I wanted to try to get Ramza's Shout.

Got the worst blank pull ever. Only 2 4* items, both of which I already have 4*++ version of, making them completely useless. I also already have 3*++ versions of more than half of the 3* items I pulled.

-.-
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
lockez i'm so glad you got sheepsong
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Sheepsong is pretty great, especially to set as my roaming warrior. Advance has only been useful for newbies for several months now; even when ultimate bosses counterattack, they all use AOE phys attacks that hit through retaliate and one-shot the advancer. Getting rid of it seemed like a good change.

A week after getting Sheepsong, I also got Lulu's Focus from the black mage lucky draw, which makes me even more excited. It stacks with all other +magic buffs. That gives me a pretty badass mage team. It's obsolete as a roaming warrior though (Celes's BSB is better).
Craze
obsolete as a roaming warrior? it stacks with celes bsb and divine guardian and shellga and wall and faithga. it never becomes obsolete, since it's the one SB that can fit into any mage team whatsoever (barring the other person having their own Focus).

my current mage meta is:

Lulu (Focus)
Sazh (Godsend (+20% mgc/protectga/high regen)
+ three of:
Serah/Papalymo (quickcast self), Ashe (niche black magic holy damage), Y'shtola (wall), Yuna/Relm/Vanille (medica users that can also use MGC stat), Exdeath (magic blink ssb)

Plus normally Quistis or Garnet SSB as RW because hastega.

All the recent Omniscient fights were fun ;V

I actually have a Terra SB, but Godsend is the same power as her self-buff so I tend to use her more when I just need a random black mage in an otherwise physical party since she can buff herself.

What Celes's BSB and similar buffs are actually good for is not replacing Lulu, but finally making mixed parties feel less inefficient.

Ultros U+ gave me a run for my money. I'm glad I got Valiant Knife this week, because Locke did a ton of my damage for both the Ultimate and U+ battles. Good job, whiny thief boy.
Jeroen_Sol
I mastered my first 140 difficulty boss today. Prett pleased with that. 160 is still a bit too difficult. I run out of skills and then die. I'll need to do some serious 4* and 5* honing before that's going to be a thing.
Jeroen_Sol

Holy shit, I did it. My first U+... Hell, yes!

It was a really easy fight though. Odin's lack of magic attacks and willingness to just regular attack 4 times in a row made Drawtaliate a kick-ass strategy. I don't think I'll be able to beat the average U+ any time soon.
Craze
to be honest, that's how you do it. you identify what you can take advantage of, and do so. good job =)

i rolled on banner 2 and got terra's tiara and rosa's bow. i'm quite happy with that, even though i was really gunning for dagger's dagger of redagger. gonna try to get some myth up for banner 4 as well, then do my best to abstain until alphinaud comes along. i don't want to whale for an alph relic, but i might have to.
Jeroen_Sol
I rolled on the banner with Zidane's and Faris's BSBs, but the only 5* I got was Zack's SSB. At this point I think I'll never get any BSB relics ever.

I did master all of the mote U+ bosses so far, though, so I've definitely made some progress! :D I still get utterly wrecked by ??? bosses before I can chip away 10% of their health though.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Managed to pull off the Magus Sisters challenge mission for the FF10 mote dungeon. Rikku's Hyper NulAll and Lulu's Focus gave me some nice damage, the trick after that was just surviving. I have Auron's AOE power breakdown soul break, which was nice, but the big damage in this fight is magical. Spent about five minutes refreshing roaming warriors until I got Mog's Heroic Harmony, which lowers enemy ATT/MAG by 50%, which was just barely enough to survive (though it still took me about 30 save/loads). On this fight, at least, reducing all enemy damage by 25% was more useful than reducing all enemy damage except for Delta Attack by 50% (which is what Sentinel Grimoire would do, since Delta Attack pierces your resistance).

As soon as Cindy dies, the fight is essentially over. Don't bring any AOE skills unless they're stat breaks. I wish you could at least stall the Delta Attack for a few rounds by killing one of the other sisters, but Cindy just revives them instantly.
Jeroen_Sol
So I have an 8*, lv 35, 15 augment Asura's Rod now. That's pretty cool.

Does anyone know how many extra levels lv 35 equipment gets from synergy? I think lv 30 equipment gets 70 extra levels, so maybe 80? That would make it a lv 115 weapon, which is pretty insane.

Edit: Ooh, I also pulled Cloud's Overstrike and two more of Zack's Apocalypse, which I already had one of. Let's see if I can get my hands on another Dark Matter so I can make that 8* as well.

Edit2:

Holy shit. With 8* Apocalypse, 6* Ragnarok and FF7 synergy, both Zidane and Cloud broke 500 ATK. O.o That's insane.
Craze
Haha, enjoy your crazy synergy. =) I'm waiting to pull on Eiko's banner for LIghtbringer and Freya gear... we'll see if I instead just get a THIRD medica for Eiko (pls no, unless you give me everything else I want, game.)

And yes, every 5 levels is that 5 levels of stats plus an additional 10.
Jeroen_Sol
The game keeps doing this where it becomes harder just before I'm able to catch up. Now I've beaten a few 160 bosses, they add in 180 bosses. I feel like the endgame will keep being just out of reach forever, haha.

I gotta say though, damn is it satisfying to deal 50k+ damage to a boss in a single hit with Cloud's Finishing Touch. Zidane's Steal Power + Shift Break combo is still really good, but it caps out at 40k. Thinking about it, I should probably use Steal Defense instead. That way my other characters will deal more damage as well, and Shift Break works as a Steal Power anyway, so... But then I'll need Power Breakdown for the first 4 turns, so I'd have to drop either Magic Breakdown or Full Break...
Craze
this is why anything above d140 only costs 1 stamina XD
Jeroen_Sol
Hmm, who should I use my MC3 on? I tend to always use Zidane since he's my only thief I have a SB for, but now that I have Cloud's OSB... Then again, I alsp always use Celes because of Runic, so Cloud doesn't really add much to the team...
Craze
I'm choosing Luneth for the "40% chance to double XP" RM. Celes, Cloud, and Zidane are all okay choices though.
LockeZ
I'm so glad we have Ultimate++ fights now. The game was getting too easy.

It might still be. In the Ultimate++ fight against Diamond Weapon, when I went in with my A team for mastery, I messed up my setup and accidentally forgot to bring shell or any healing spells. Penelo still had her medica soul break, but she was equipped with Diaga and an empty skill slot. I still won in a single try without losing any medals or going below 75% health with any character. Disgusting.

I do love doing the challenge missions. They're just the right difficulty, for the most part.
This is making me want to put this game back onto my laptop again.

Damn it lol.

I seriously need to figure out how to reduce the lag, I know it is not from the game itself.
LockeZ
Is it lagging on your phone or on your laptop?

If it's lagging on your phone it's almost certainly the game itself. It's completely awful. When I was setting my all-FF7 team up for the Ultimate++ battle, the setup took me 15 minutes and drained 30% of my phone's battery life. By the time I got the battle started the phone was almost too hot to hold. This game's menus are coded like shit. It's unbelievable. The battles of course work flawlessly though.

If the emulator on your laptop is lagging then try switching emulators. There are quite a few Android emulators, and although many games only work on specific emulators, FFRK seems to run on almost any of them. Droid4X is what I use, but it has some issues, especially with installing games. (It has two App Store icons and only one of them works.)