LOOKING FOR A WARHAMMER FANTASY FAN TO POSSIBLY WORK ON A WH-VXA TBS PROJECT~

Pages: 1
Brady
Was Built From Pixels Up
Lengthy title, I'm aware!

I made a post HERE (inc. TBS suggestion) earlier pondering about it in the past and the possibilities it could have. However, I've been looking into it since and I can tell you that it just doesn't seem to exist anywhere. The closest I can find is people asking about 40K, but do we really need more games with space marines hiding behind cover and shooting at each other?

Nono, WH-Fantasy is much more fun, and has a more interesting cast of races to take advantage of.

Anyhoo, there are a few TBS scripts out there, and there are a good few possibilities as to how a WH-RPGM game could be approached in terms of development; a lot could be done with it, and I can already think of a number of ways the rules could be implemented into RPGM mechanics.

However, I can't do it myself, as it's complicated to work out from scratch and I can't dedicate all my time into sorting through possibilities on my own, so would much rather something like this would be a team project that could be discussed and spitballed until ideas start to fit into place.

Although I am aware if there was a Venn Diagram of RPGM fans and WHF fans, that the overlap would seemingly be occupied solely by me. I'd like to think otherwise, but really, how often is the googleweb wrong about these matters?!

So, if there's anyone else hiding in this tiny niche overlap with me, now would be the time to show yourself :'D
Lato
Infantry for life!
I have never done a WH char sprite before, sounds interesting, but if you are starting from nothing it will be VERY hard to find help for this I think. Unless you are paying ppl.
Brady
Was Built From Pixels Up
Right now it's really just more of a concept discussion I'd be going for rather than actual work done quite yet.
Problem isn't getting the project assets made, it's just getting coherent rule conversions thought up, and that would be much easier to spitball with someone else than working it solo.

Really just seems like an interest overlap that no one else seems to share.
Lato
Infantry for life!
Well I don't know much about the scripts as far as combat goes, there are some really good options that would be cool for it like Victor Saints map battle one. Squad combat with a choice of marine chapter units with there own skills and weapons sounds really cool of course, but ya interest in fan games is lower then original games.
Brady
Was Built From Pixels Up
Well I was pondering using that TBS script I linked, since it seems to run smoothly and seems simple enough; I reckon most of the core WH rules could fit into that script enough. I'd just want to discuss what rules to artistically license, which to remove completely, and how to implement the ones that do get chosen to get put in.
For example the Fear/Terror rules would require some discussion before being implemented in a RPGM game, TBS or otherwise~
Lato
Infantry for life!
The rules are way beyond me, I just know about game art.
Brady
Was Built From Pixels Up
Well the art for the game would probably be dead simple, to be honest. Since it'd run using a TBS script it'd pretty much all just be spritework and the most of it would just be your Core Units, so a single sprite would cover 50%+ of your team in the TBS fight.

Most of it would just come down to the heroes etc, or tilesets, and even then would probably just be parallaxed or something since the majority of the game would take place on single TBS maps.

/makes me want to do it even more :(
Pages: 1