[RMVX ACE] MAKING CERTAIN WEAPONS NEED A CERTAIN ACCESSORY TO USE THEM IN BATTLE

Pages: 1
Hey all, New here!

Quick query, I am making a modern game with guns.

I want to make a system where say for example, the character wants to equip a 38 special revolver. Which is fine.

But I want to make it so they need to have an accessory equipped such as '38 Special bullets' equipped in the accessory slot for the gun to be used.

Also as my game will have different caliber weapons such as 9mm and 12 Gauge I want the guns to only be able to equip their own calibers if that makes sense.

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Simisdim.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Off the top of my head, you could make it so that weapons that use a certain type of caliber bullets would be their own weapon type. At which point, the accessories would grant a feature that allows the use of weapons related to that caliber. For an example, the "9mm Bullets" accessory would have a feature that allows the use of a 9mm Handgun and a 9mm SMG. The 12-Gauge would likely allow the use of a Shotgun, maybe also a Double-barreled Shotgun?

I would further suggest using MP as ammo, and attaching the appropriate amount of ammo the gun would have as a bonus to Max MP on the guns. Though that decision might depend on the context of your game. For what it's worth, I once made this game, which replaced MP with ammo, and stripped the standard "attack" and "guard" options from the combat menu that you might find useful?
author=Marrend
Off the top of my head, you could make it so that weapons that use a certain type of caliber bullets would be their own weapon type. At which point, the accessories would grant a feature that allows the use of weapons related to that caliber. For an example, the "9mm Bullets" accessory would have a feature that allows the use of a 9mm Handgun and a 9mm SMG. The 12-Gauge would likely allow the use of a Shotgun, maybe also a Double-barreled Shotgun?

I would further suggest using MP as ammo, and attaching the appropriate amount of ammo the gun would have as a bonus to Max MP on the guns. Though that decision might depend on the context of your game. For what it's worth, I once made this game, which replaced MP with ammo, and stripped the standard "attack" and "guard" options from the combat menu that you might find useful?

That is a good idea! I did work out a way where each ammo is an accessory and that only certain caliber weapons use each ammo. Will work on that for now but yeah will try in future games to try something more to what you said :)

Thank you for the reply it really helped
Pages: 1