"THIS ABOVE ALL; TO THINE OWN GAME BE TRUE." ~WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
The game is simple: take a famous quote from someone, and twist it into inspiration for game-makers.

RULES:
  • Post famous quotes that might inspire us all to new gamiking heights!
  • Quotes must be totally real super fake.
  • Quotes should be about game making!

<all credit and respect goes to kentona cuz this was his idea>

---

"Don't worry when your game is not recognized, but strive for it to be worthy of recognition." ~Lincoln

"Make no little games. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized." ~Daniel Burnham

"Downloads may come to those who wait ... but only the downloads left by those who hustle." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Markerscore is life. If anybody tries to tell you otherwise, they are lying or trying to sell you something." - Mark Twain

"Gretzky is like an invisible man," said Soviet assistant coach Igor Dmitriev. "He appears out of nowhere, passes to nowhere and a game is made."

"When I was young I thought that game making was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is." - Oscar Wilde

"Do not grind gentle into that good night,
Old games should burn and rave at close of day;
Play, play against the dying of the light." ~Dylan Thomas

"What do you think an game developer is? An imbecile who only has resource books, if he is a programmer, or ears if he is an audio technician, or sketches of every corner of his notebook if he is a character designer, or even, if he is a 3-D modeler, just his vertical mouse? Far from it: at the same time he is also a political being, constantly aware of the heartbreaking, passionate, or delightful things that happen in the world, shaping himself completely in their image. How could it be possible to feel no interest in other people, and with a cool indifference to detach yourself from the very life which they bring to you so abundantly? No, gamiking is not done to entertain children. It is an instrument of war." ~Pablo Picasso

---
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
"The next time you're surrounded by touch encounters, recall that events hunt in packs!" - Daniel Boone

I'm so bad at this game.
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he makes RM games. I like to see a man live in it so that his RM place will be proud of him." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Never let the truth interfere with a good game" ~Mark Twain.

"While game is certainly subjective, it has also been said that game is a tryst, for in the joy of it, maker and beholder meet." ~David Thorne
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
"Ask not what your games can do for you, but what you can do for your games." - John F. Kennedy

"I may be drunk, but in the morning, I will be sober and your game will still be bad." - Winston Churchill

"If you make your bad game big enough and talk about it frequently enough, people will believe it is good." - Adolf Hitler

"A day may come when the passion of developers fails, when we forsake our games and break all tenets of good design, but it is not this day. An hour of grind and auto-battle, when the age of RPG Maker comes crashing down. But it is not this day! This day we make games!" - Aragorn

"Don't blame me. Blame yourself or the RTP." - Delita Hyral

"If RPGs are to change, let them change. If this website is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to become obsolete, I must simply laugh." - Magus
"kentona is a homicidal dictator who is addicted to making games of mass popularity." - George W. Bush

“I’d have my c—out if I finished four games. I’d have my c—out, stroking it.” ~ Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks
"A journey of a completed game begins with a single map" ~ Laozi

"Killian! Here is mak gam! Now... made game!" ~ Ah'nold
a game and his game are soon games - game game
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
"Game making is 50% ideas, 50% resources, 50% implementation, and 100% awesome." - Nikola Tesla
"Make your own game, everyone else's game is already taken." - Oscar Wilde

"Make the game you wish to play in the world." - Mahatma Ghandi
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
"I make two games in the morning, I make two games at night.
I make two games in the afternoon, and then I feel alright.
I make two games in times of peace, and two in time of war.
I make two games before I make two games, and then I make two more." ~The Toyes

"A game with a heart and no sense is just as poor as a game with sense and no heart." ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

"A gamer is born among a hundred, a developer is found among a thousand, but an accomplished one might not be found even among a hundred thousand men." Plato

"Employ your time in improving your game by other men's standards, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for." Socrates

"One must still have inspiration in oneself to be able to give birth to a great game." Friedrich Nietzche

"This community just showed you that it's full of developers ready to believe in good games." Batman

"I must create a game or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create." William Blake

"I think therefore I game." Rene Descartes

"Man…we talking about testing here, man. Not the game, we talking about testing here, man. Not the game that I play, the game that I make…we talking about testing here, man." ~ Allen Iverson, Former NBA Superstar
author=Addit
“I’d have my c—out if I finished four games. I’d have my c—out, stroking it.” ~ Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks

igotthisreference.gif

Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can make games?
Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
"I usually have 10 different game making projects going at a time." ~ Tara Strong
...I rewrote the lyrics to Bonnie Tyler's 'Hero' many years ago now. I present you with the best of Bonnie Tyler - Misao.

Where have all the mappers gone
And where are all the plots?
Where's the 3-tile-rule commanders
And custom menu-naughts?
Isn't there a battle system
With custom interface?
It's gonna take a super-code to make my game an ace!

I need a misao!
I need a misao to sweep all categories
'Cos my game is so cool
And fun to play, too
Give me one, I'm beggin' please!
I need a misao
I need a misao so people remember my game
'Cos I worked oh so hard
And played all my cards
I want to taste fortune and fame

Sometime after midnight
My eyes itchy and red
Tapping at my keyboard
To meet deadlines with dread
Add another number, another dialogue tree
Test the game for bugs and crashes to make it complete

(Chorus)

There's nothing else that I'd rather do
Than create and make a world
Map it out to look like it's a
Reality

Find graphics, sound and scripts online
Mess around with the database
I can feel its approach
To becoming complete

(Chorus)
author=Liberty
...I rewrote the lyrics to Bonnie Tyler's 'Hero' many years ago now. I present you with the best of Bonnie Tyler - Misao.

*sniff* So beautiful... Bravo!
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
author=Addit
author=Liberty
*sniff* So beautiful... Bravo!

It should be declared RMN's official anthem! Now, if we could just get her to sing it for us ...
Maybe when my voice is behaving itself. Got a bit of a frog in it at the moment. ^.^;
frog? i thought you called them chazwuzzers