WHAT FINAL FANTASY MONSTER WAS YOUR FAVORITE?

Pages: first 1234 next last
Guess I will start off...was Malboro:

Lol :P, jokes aside. I like that creature for it's completely grotesque form that is to be feared of due to what it can do.

On a side-note, does anyone think that final fantasy III(DS) had the most strangest roster of monsters? I always thought it was the black sheep of monsters created.

EDIT: Yikes that picture is too big, don't know how to down-size it.

meisam
meisam your not using semicolon properly, and that's a laughing matter.
Omega Weapon, forever and ever :P
why's it only final fantasy? there's way better monster design out there.
meisam

'scuse me for suggesting there's more to the world than final fantasy. I'd go into detail, but I'm not sure if this is that kind of topic yet.

p.s.
meisam
mawk :you misunderstood me, when you say something like " there is something better" you should bring an example. just saying it, doesn't mean anything.

i like the first and third monster. :)
just saying "I like omega weapon" doesn't mean anything either. you get me? this has the potential to be a really neat topic, but I think people need to put a little more into it first.
meisam
you really need to hone your logic
the question is "what monster in final fantasy you like"
any monster in final fantasy is the answer.
you bring another point to the discussion, and questioning the the question itself, without any example or argument.
that's why my post and your second post have a meaning.
it can be a neat topic yes, because personally, i could understand what kind of monster people like to see. and that's why i asked you to show me some example of what you like.
Maybe open it up to favourite monsters in any game instead? I mean, sure, there are some FF monsters I like, but my favourites are from different games.

That said, I'm rather partial to Wendigo from FF8, Tonberry and Kefka's last boss form.

Wendigo's were great for grinding, Tonberries are just plain cute (if creepily so) and that last fight in FF6 is one of the best of the FF series, imo.

AtmaWeapon from Final Fantasy 6 was one of the few enemies with a unique battle theme.

The fight was staged on a continent that had been magically torn from the earth, levitating miles above the surface. Atma looked awesome--some kind of six-limbed beast that was a genetically engineered fusion of magic and machine. Periodically the exposed gears in its golden armor would visually wind up in preparation for its ultimate attack, Flare Star: a red and black spectacle that melts about half of the party's health.

The battle was so tense that the only way the writers could follow it was by destroying the world in what amounts to magical nuclear holocaust.

Behemoths have been a favorite of mine in FF: A huge, hulking beast made up of muscle and sinew ready to gore anybody on their fuckoff horns. Also has a mohawk. 13 is probably my favorite incarnation of them, or at least when they're quadrupedal. Once they stand up and rip their spine out and use it as a sword, regain all lost HP, and become thrice as deadly then uhhhhh.

(Plus you can recruit them in FF13-2 real early on. I picked one up and stuck with it for the entire main game.)

Non-FF related:

I actually like Mantid and Patriarch better but I don't have their concept art on my work computer and I could only find Tyrant in a quick GIS search.

KEFKA. I remember the first time I saw this insane clown, I was horrified and unable to look away all at once. Clown phobia when I was a kid, and still a little now. He sticks out in my mind big time. I adored him in Dissidia, but he still gives me the creeps, haha~

Other good ones that I really enjoyed I'll compile a list of. But this guy came to mind first!

Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.

I don't really play JRPGs anymore, but this thing looks pretty cool.
author=GreatRedSpirit
Non-FF related:

now, see, this is like five times better than the FF stuff people have been posting.

(but you're a damn philistine for not choosing Montgolfier or Triumphator.)

(... oh, there's like zero good pictures of them. damnit.)

(oh! here's Triumphator.)

he's so pointless. I love him.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Is that weird human cartwheel desperately trying to get high-fives?
meisam
personally i liked persona monsters.

from anime i liked bleach type.

Well, regardless of the fact there are clearly cool non-FF monsters, the thread is which FF monster is your favorite. Not which video game monster is. If it were...I'd totally have to pull some outta' Silent Hill and a whole slew of other RPGs! Everyone loves Pyramid Head~
Pages: first 1234 next last