CHARACTERS REACH X STATE IN BATTLE = GAME OVER

Pages: 1
So, I figured this would be easy, but apparently it's not as straight forward as I thought.

I have a state called 'Souless' and it's pretty much like death with no cure, and the only way to be healed is by running away or defeating the enemy. I got the state to work the way I want, but I can't get the battle to end if everyone is in that state. You just have to sit and wait until the creature kills everyone... :sigh:

I set up conditional branching in the troops section that does this, and I tried various forms and combinations, but nothing seems to activate it. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Here's a small sample of one of many tries for just the main character. It still doesn't activate.

Any help is good help =)
I believe it should be something like this:

Condition: When the turn ends Span:Turn

Conditional Branch <Hero1> is <Souless> inflicted
-Conditional Branch <Hero2> is <Souless> inflicted
--Conditional Branch <Hero3> is <Souless> inflicted
---Conditional Branch <Hero4> is <Souless> inflicted
---Game Over
Dang it! It was the span the whole time!! The one thing I didn't change! gah!
I have Soulless too.

First off, things that rival Death should be at the same or higher (you can lower Death's priority by copy pasting it elsewhere, and then copying over it) priority, meaning if you want something not to go away with 0 hp, you should likely have it at 100 priority. Uhhh, I can't really remember differences in alot of stuff for XP and VX from stuff like 2k3, but if you have four members afflicted with something like Stone or Paralyze (a No Action condition, with a 0 recovery over time and 0% recovery each turn) usually it results in a gameover with no Battle Events needed.

Other than that, either no cure, or a plot-only cure (seek out the rare antidote as part of the quest).
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@bulma: In RMXP there is a "regard as 0 hp" flag for status effects, which made the effect work like this for game overs. But it appears (based on the font in that screenshot) that he's using either VX or VX Ace, and Enterbrain deleted that functionality out of versions after RMXP, so you have to do it yourself.

@leviathan: Do make sure that all possible combinations of some dead members and some soulless members trigger game overs. In a party of four, I believe there are 15 possible combinations. If you have a lot of possible combinations of party members to check, scripting this would probably be easier, though I generally think scripting almost anything is easier than using events, so take that with a grain of salt. (Also, this is the wrong forum for technical help.) (Also, when asking for technical help, please please tell us what program you're using! Not everybody can recognize the difference between RMVX and RMXP based just on the font in your screenshot.)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
this would be more effective as a script yes

is this vx or ace
author=LockeZ
@bulma: In RMXP there is a "regard as 0 hp" flag for status effects, which made the effect work like this for game overs. But it appears (based on the font in that screenshot) that he's using either VX or VX Ace, and Enterbrain deleted that functionality out of versions after RMXP, so you have to do it yourself.

@leviathan: Do make sure that all possible combinations of some dead members and some soulless members trigger game overs. In a party of four, I believe there are 15 possible combinations. If you have a lot of possible combinations of party members to check, scripting this would probably be easier, though I generally think scripting almost anything is easier than using events, so take that with a grain of salt. (Also, this is the wrong forum for technical help.) (Also, when asking for technical help, please please tell us what program you're using! Not everybody can recognize the difference between RMVX and RMXP based just on the font in your screenshot.)

Yea, this sounds like a case for a script (or a common event). Since there should be other statuses like the aforementioned Paralyze and Stone. And you'd have to repeat this code for each of them, for each character, for each enemy group.
Pages: 1