THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

A free demo or something like that and a way for people to easily see it's commercial on the Featured list. Yeah.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
lol I'm also sure if this apocalyptic doomsday does happen then we will change things
We'd have to for the site to survive anyway. :shrug:
author=Ratty524
author=SnowOwl
@slash
I'm sure that's true for you, but I don't think that's true for everyone. It probably isn't a very good way to make money, like you say, but that doesn't stop people from trying. "I'm special, my game will be the next big thing, I'll show those noobs how it's done."
I don't think that's a overly negative way to look at it, I just think it's realistically how alot of people that get into commercial gamemaking think.
It's not that there's anything wrong with commercial games per se, I play mostly commercial games myself, it's just that I don't think they are a good fit for RMN.

Edit: It's not so much as creating a "homogenous community" as it's about what sort of community you would like to strive towards. It will never be a reality, ofcourse, but that doesn't mean you can't try. It's impossible to say that the site will always be the same. It 100% won't, because nothing stays the same, especially on something as fast-moving as the internet. But for as long as possible, I'd like RMN to be about making games for fun. I think commercial games is a step away from that.
Your main concern seems to be that it'll somehow invite a disease in the community that'll lead us towards an imagined "dark age." Guess what: there are commercial developers are in the learning stages just the same as amateur hobbyists. We're really only different in that one guy decides to make a profit off their work while another doesn't.
I didn't say anything about diseases or dark ages. You're greatly exaggerating my posts because of your obvious bias. This is the second time in just as many pages where you don't seem to read what I write at all. If you want to argue, at least try to read what the opposition actually writes.
As an aside, I find it ironic that you call making games an ordeal when one of my actual arguments was that many commercial game makers don't make games mainly for fun.
Wake me up when September ends
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
While I'll still defend Ara Fell as an option, I'm sure we can all agree Soma Spirits is a much less controversial suggestion (and one that totally deserves the spot).
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, I think Soma Spirits is very deserving of a Featured spot! :D
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
I'd be fine with Ara Fell or Soma Spirits.

Also remember, October is generally our spooooooky horror month so start thinking of something to feature then too!
welp i did a thing

(also Soma Spirits sounds spookier, so fits with October)
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Hmpf.

By the way, maybe it's just my computer being weird, but the banner seems to screw up the layout of the frontpage when it first shows up, and the smaller thumb banner undeneath has no graphic. (See this screenshot.)
author=NeverSilent
Hmpf.

By the way, maybe it's just my computer being weird, but the banner seems to screw up the layout of the frontpage when it first shows up, and the smaller thumb banner undeneath has no graphic. (See this screenshot.)

yeah my shitty code doesn't support animated gifs.
The scrolling clouds on the featured image are awesome. I didn't know you could put gifs there.
You should start having the Next Month discussion earlier, than notify the recipients in advance in case they want to submit a particular image.
author=kentona
Wake me up when September ends
unity
You're magical to me.
Wasn't Soma Spirits going to be the October featured? Ara Fell's still on.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Sated
Unity, you've been here long enough to know that expecting a quick turn around from RMN staff is foolhardy.

Very true XD;;
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
How do you self-nominate yourself for featured? ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
I think kentona was looking at a halloween-theme type game to put up.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=Phantasmi
How do you self-nominate yourself for featured? ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

It helps to have a game with a download :)
Though your screen shots look really nice.
Featured games must also be complete, have a download and not have had one before. ;p