GAME PENDING

Pages: 1
Hello. An RPG I've been trying to submit for about 5 days now is still on pending status. Not sure why. I deleted the other pending one to see if they had just forgotten about accepting it all together, but upon submitting a new one and waiting over a day to still see pending, I have lost all hope.
Have I done something wrong in this world?
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
chris999, your game is not visible in the pending queue. A quick glance at your gameprofile reveals you do not have the required three (3) images.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
Please make sure you read the text at the very top of the submit game window. I am still stunned to see many people still just submit a project without any prior consideration or planning. Do your part and pay closer attention and we'll do ours.
Ohh wow, so sorry guys. I had four pictures ready to go and the game was compressed, but I thought the submit images and game file step came after the game finished pending? I went through the game submission page completely and couldn't see the submit images part?
Obviously a silly mistake by me, I'll go fix it up now. Thanks :)

EDIT: Haha yep there's the add image button. What an IDIOT! :P
I have three images and I dont know what the hell Im doing wrong, but its still on pending status :(
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
KittieSniper
I have three images and I dont know what the hell Im doing wrong, but its still on pending status :(

Liberty checks the queue pretty regularly, but when it starts to fill up, she puts it on a weekly schedule to make it more manageable. PM her if it takes any longer than that to get a response. Or, if GRS or Shinan or Solitayre get bored, they check the queue sometimes and give their yay or nay on a game (they'll sign a message in your notice if they deny it so that you know it's not Liberty). Regardless, Libby's the one in charge of the queue.
...pretty sure GRS, Shinan and Soli DON'T do that.

Kitty, your game was just added yesterday. It can take up to a week before it goes through, so just have a little patience. I do try to go through them at least two or three times a week - you added yours just after I'd gone through them, so it might take a day or two more. In the meantime, to make sure that it goes through on first go, make sure that:
- three to five different, interesting images are used. I recommend more, personally. You do want to draw in potential players after all and the more they see of your game the more interested they'll be. Make sure that if you do only have three images, none of those are title/game over/logo/sample maps/mock-ups/character art and the like. Those won't count for the required initial amount.
- writing has no grammar, punctuation or spelling errors.
- there's a paragraph about the story itself. A lot of people write a lot about why they made the project, who they give credit to or what features it has but don't bother giving the player any kind of idea what is in the project. This is required. Feature lists, talking about how you got into game making, credit lists etc are not.
- at least 500 letters long. This does not include image links or video links. You'd be surprised how many people try to cheat their way past this.
- no nudity or hate speech. Usually doesn't need saying but some people... :/

If all that is covered, then it should go through when next I check. If it does get denied, though, you'll get a note that tells you what you need to edit to change that, as well as some helpful links if necessary.

Also, next time make your own topic instead of reviving someone else's dead one.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Liberty
...pretty sure GRS, Shinan and Soli DON'T do that.

Well, maybe not Shinan, but I have a few signed denials from GRS and Soli.
You shouldn't have when it comes to games (except the very few times I've been away, and those from kentona). I'm not even sure GRS can even access the Submission queue (he can't, just checked). Solitayre deals with the written stuff like articles and reviews, not games.
After waiting basically 1,5 weeks for approval, i got denied for "shortening the sentences because it messes up the format" what? xd
When you type your description
in this way it messes with the way people read and creates
issues on other resolutions like on mobiles and
the like. Let the site word wrap
do it's job instead of
shortening your sentences deliberately and cutting them
off like this. It is part of the rules of descriptions
after all.

So please edit your description so that it isn't formatted like that and resubmit. Also, your game was added less than a week ago (the 31st. That's 5 days ago and well within the timeline of a week.)
author=Liberty
When you type your description
in this way it messes with the way people read and creates
issues on other resolutions like on mobiles and
the like. Let the site word wrap
do it's job instead of
shortening your sentences deliberately and cutting them
off like this. It is part of the rules of descriptions
after all.

So please edit your description so that it isn't formatted like that and resubmit. Also, your game was added less than a week ago (the 31st. That's 5 days ago and well within the timeline of a week.)

At first I wanted to type 1,5 years ago so I tend to overexaggarate but only for the fun :( sorry. As for that, I didn't know that one messes it up so I'll correct em.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=atasuke10
After waiting basically 1,5 weeks for approval, i got denied for "shortening the sentences because it messes up the format" what? xd

I still can't understand people who think they should be hitting enter at random intervals like this, and yet it happens more often that you'd think. It's in your profile, too.

Can you shed some light on this? Why is this even a thing?
author=unity
author=atasuke10
I still can't understand people who think they should be hitting enter at random intervals like this, and yet it happens more often that you'd think. It's in your profile, too.

Can you shed some light on this? Why is this even a thing?

I have no idea it's just an instinct... you just... do it when it feels the best and hope for the best. I feel like when the sentence feels like you typed too long for a whole, I just press enter randomly. I probably have to put more effort into not doing it than to do it :D

edit: But I'll fix them all now xP
It's different when you're writing a poem or used to writing in a program that doesn't have word wrap - that's understandable. It does become a habit then, which is fine. I just have to make sure that descriptions adhere to the standards, of which not doing that is a part. Just keep it in mind for if you make another game page. ^.^
author=Liberty
You shouldn't have when it comes to games (except the very few times I've been away, and those from kentona). I'm not even sure GRS can even access the Submission queue (he can't, just checked). Solitayre deals with the written stuff like articles and reviews, not games.

I can! ... but I only have viewing privileges. I can look but not touch anything, in the queue or stuff that has been approved / denied / etc.

I think I had proper access to the submission queue once and it was only for one event when nobody else was on to approve the last minute games. Even then I only rubber stamped the event games too.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Digging up old threads.
Pages: 1