SUGGESTION:RPG SONG OF THE DAY

Pages: first 12 next last
Hello RMN! I was in deep thought and had an idea. First off, let me say that everyone here knows that music is a universal language that can reach deep in our hearts and cure even the darkest of emotion. We have all played our fair share of games and there is always going to be a song that you just can't get enough of and you're dying to share it so others can hear.

Many games go overlooked and people don't think of playing them. However, every one of us should know that even good music can save a not so good game.

So what's the big idea?

Well, I was thinking if possible there could be a Song Of The Day,Week,or Month section where the RMN users or Administration could have polls of Songs to nominate that will get featured on the site's home page? A song from a game that holds a special place in your heart and memories that you want the users to hear and get inspired by. Not everyone finishes their projects and there has to be something that can motivate them to keep going.

A song could be posted and a link to a download or something could be provided for users to add to their playlists. As we all know, many of us listen to music while we are diligently working on our projects. If this eventually gets approved, I'd like to make a suggestion to get the ball rolling.

So what do you guys think? Do you all believe this would be a good segment to add and would it get approved one day?
This would be a good segment to add to the RMN YouTube channel :) The only thing is, it's hard to identify which games have great OSTs.

I do know a number of them though, so I can start the ball rolling. Let's hear what my other staff members have to say too :)
author=eplipswich
This would be a good segment to add to the RMN YouTube channel :) The only thing is, it's hard to identify which games have great OSTs.

I do know a number of them though, so I can start the ball rolling. Let's hear what my other staff members have to say too :)

That's the thing. The whole idea is to pull from any user and let them submit a song.The best way I assume would be to let the RMN users submit a song via youtube link and a random song from that list would be chosen to play on a daily or weekly basis.

It can be from any RPG and we can spend a bit naming as many RPGs with great music.One thing I figured is that people often listen to the music of a game they've never played before by accident or through crossovers and they like it so much, they end up buying the original games associated with the music.

Well, I look forward to what the staff has to say. Its just a brainstorming and it could be tweaked to the point of perfection, but definitely let me know what they say.

A youtube playlist could work pretty well for this. If, say, one or two song links were sent to the youtube duo to add to the list, we'd probably have a nice amount of songs before long.
author=Liberty
A youtube playlist could work pretty well for this. If, say, one or two song links were sent to the youtube duo to add to the list, we'd probably have a nice amount of songs before long.

This sounds great! If the staff decides to work on getting it done, it would be great to see it as an RMN event. Another possibility is it could be an event that is taken once a year or 6 months where everyone submits 5 or so of their top songs to put on a playlist created by all of us. That would be a good way for everyone to express what kind of RPG music they like and create a melting pot of tunes.

It could be a battle theme, town theme, you name it. However, there obviously couldn't be any duplicates either. It has to be unique to each user.

A mini event could do. With as many users as we have, maybe picking 3 and base them on a theme (so top 3 favourite battle tunes for one event would make the FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT playlist, for example).

This is actually a pretty neat idea.
author=Liberty
A mini event could do. With as many users as we have, maybe picking 3 and base them on a theme (so top 3 favourite battle tunes for one event would make the FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT playlist, for example).

This is actually a pretty neat idea.

Now that is a great idea! a mini event sounds perfect. I was thinking of something similar that organized the playlists by themes. Examples like explained before could be Normal Battle, Town, Credits, Boss Battle, Final Boss, World Map, Character, Dungeon/Area, Vocal, etc. It all depends on how you guys want it to be laid out.

I can imagine how big the list could get. It would be best to find the best way to spread the work as far as adding to the playlists. 3 songs sounds fair as well. It narrows it down extremely. If it becomes a reality, I look forward to seeing everyone's entries.
*Nominates Shoji Meguro*

Once you go jpop, you can never stop.

I think this is a fun idea!
J-Pop is pretty good. (And this is coming from a metalhead who mainly dislikes pop.) It seems Japan just knows how to make great music. If I was going to nominate anything it would be:

@BlackWolf1992
Good to see others are giving us previews as well. It sounds like a credits/ending theme. I like it. Remember to keep this one tagged if the event is created.

Of course not all users will participate, but I know the list will be large and interesting. I'm already gathering mine ahead of time.
If we have doubles or the like, we can just add the best version of the song we can find or allow remix/remastered/etc versions of the song in question. Easy enough to handle.

You don't even know the themes yet! XD

Lol. I know. I'm just getting a random mix of my favorites and adding them to a folder/text document just in case. If some fit the theme, I'll just draw them out of it.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
If this ever became a thing, I'd probably do a post that looks something like this.
author=Marrend
If this ever became a thing, I'd probably do a post that looks something like this.

That actually is a good display on how to submit our music. We'll just have to see how its all going to be put together. Otherwise, I like how the name was added so we have a clear idea of what the song is.

Its a good thing because not everyone has time to play games like they used to. I've never played White Knight Chronicles and a bunch of those games on the list, but I bet if I listen to the music associated with them, I'll end up getting the actual game(s).
This is for all the phantasy star fans
Even if I'm getting late for the party, I'll add something anyway

For the most mysterious character of the game.
Guys, we do have a music thread in Welp, iirc. Maybe give it some love?
author=Liberty
Guys, we do have a music thread in Welp, iirc. Maybe give it some love?
Wait, we do!? Let me check this out. Could a link be provided for everyone to access?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I believe this is the thread Liberty speaks of?

*Edit: I did see a "good feels game music" thread, which... might be where I pulled from before. I only looked at the first five pages of threads on "Welp, Welp!", so I don't know if there's one older than these.
Pages: first 12 next last