NO ASSETS IN MV?

Pages: 1
So the other night I purchased RPG maker MV since it was/is on sale on steam. Today when I tried to use it I couldn't adjust any images or audio in my database. I have plenty of assets when I check my folders and resource manager, it's just anytime I go to add audio or choose sprites for new characters or enemies and change my battlebacks the list appears empty.

Do any of you know what might be going on? And, perhaps more importantly, how I can fix this?
Lemme see if I got this right (I'm still just waking up). So you install. Make a new game. Then you... go to the game folder (where it is on your computer) and there's no assets in the folders?

Or is it that when you use the Resource Manager that things don't go into the folders? If it's the Resource Manager in the engine, make sure you click on the part you want the assets to go in (I made this mistake last night).

So clicking on img/sv_actors and then importing will move graphical files into that folder. If you don't click on a folder it won't move into any.

Also keep in mind that you can copy/paste or drag/drop assets into the folders on the actual hard disk of the game. Then close the engine and reopen it so that it refreshes the content.
There are assets in my folders, both under the thing in steamapps and in the game folders themselves, but none of them will actually load for me to use in the game.

Here's my resource manager:

All those folders are full of stuff, but when I go to use the them:

I had oddrabbit take a look since he has MV too, but he hasn't had this issue so he couldn't really tell me anything.

I've opened and closed the game a couple of times to no avail. I've also tried making a new game, but the same thing happens.

Might need to reinstall the program and the RTP that comes with it. Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

ALSO, there was a new patch I think in the last day which could break games, so check to make sure that IT hasn't done anything (check the store page > community > news). I think they mentioned steps to take to fix games.
I've tried reinstalling a few times now, but it hasn't fixed anything. I'm getting tired and frustrated.

If you're talking about the 1.3.3 update, then I purchased the game after that came out. I don't have old projects that need updating since I just got it, and there's nothing in the post about any possible problems like mine.
Hm... try going to the RTP folder (you can find it in your steam apps, in the folder for MV) and copy/pasting all the contents to the game folder. That should make it work. I'm not sure why the resources aren't showing up outside of the idea that you removed them from the base game for some reason - if it's a newly created game they should all be there.
I'm not finding that folder at all actually? Which I guess could be the problem, but if I don't have that file then I'm not really sure how I'd get one? It's not downloadable from the site as far as I can tell.

It's supposed to be directly under the MV folder in Steamapps?
I mean, I thought that MV doesn't actually have/need a RTP though?

There's stuff in my folders, both the newdata and the actual game files.It's just that I can't use it.
It's under the MV folder > NewData. Copy/paste that whole file to where the game folder is (in My Documents>MV>Project).

It should have and need the RTP files unless you replace the resources with other stuff. Whatever you use should always be kept in the project folder so that the game and engine can find and call the resources when needed.

Try making a new project, then checking out the folder for it. It should have all the RTP files in the various folders automatically.
Everything in the NewData files in already in the game files, I didn't need to move anything. Well, except some DLC, but moving it into the game's files and NewData is one of the first things I did when I got the program.

Those game files aren't empty. It's just that the program seems to think they are. When I try to use the assets in those folders, say to create a new character or troops, or to put a face on some dialog, or even to play music, MV doesn't provide any options for me to choose from. I can't playtest either.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
Throwing this one out there:

Have you tried running MV as an administrator?
Hm... probably a really dumb question but are you sure you opened the right project? Have you TRIED making a new project and seeing if the engine reads those files correctly?
Pages: 1