[RMXP] PLAYER BATTLERS

Pages: 1
So I've recently fired up the ol' RMXP (I like VXAce and MV, but I hate the chibi style). And I was wondering if you could change the position of the player battlers in the default battle system. I'm using player battlers that cut off at the bottom and I wanted to lower them so they cut off with the bottom of the screen if that makes sense.
Yeah, why place only these enemies, why not hero &co, if i understand that right?

Own battle code?
I'm using the default battle system, and I would like to alter the position of the player battlers.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Sadly, I don't have XP installed on my computer to give a precise class/method suggestion. However, if it helps, I think the class that VX Ace uses for the party's status would be Window_BattleStatus.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Maybe I'm imagining things as being too simple here, but I if you only want to change the actors' positions on the vertical axis, then I think there might be a very easy solution. Just measure how big the distance (in pixels) between the bottom of your battler graphics and the bottom of the battle screen is. Then edit your battler graphics by adding the double amount of that difference at the top of the image, and make this extra space the transparent colour.
Now, me being a simple minded person that was the first thing I tried, but unfortunately no dice.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
In the scripts, go to Game_Actor line 582. It should contain the actor's y-coordinate in battle, which is 464 by default. Increase or decrease this by as many pixels as you like.

A value of 480 will align the bottom of the image with the bottom of the screen, but if your windows have for example a 3 pixel border around the edge, you will probably want to move the sprite up by 3 pixels.
Hey, it worked! Thanks a bunch. I've been meaning to make a game on either XP, VX, or MV for a while now, but scripting has always left me apprehensive. Maybe I should do some reading up. Thank you again, anyway.
Pages: 1