WHY AM I ONLY ALLOWED TO HAVE 10 ITEMS?

Pages: first 12 next last
First off, I realize that I've recently made a help topic, and now I'm making another one, so I apologize for that. However, I've come into a weird occurrence in my game, and I'm not sure why it's happening.

So, in my game, whenever I use the "give item" command, no matter how many items I choose to give the player, it only gives them 10 at most. For example if I want to give the player 20 of one item, it will only give them 10. Not two stacks of 10, but 10 in total. I thought one of the scripts I have installed could be the cause of this, however I removed them one by one to check, and the problem still occurs.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so, how would one go about fixing it? My version is VX Ace. Thanks.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Did you alter any of your command scripts?
author=pianotm
Did you alter any of your command scripts?

Nope. Not that I'm aware of, anyways. It's plausible that I could have accidentally changed something when I opened my script editor at one point or another, but it doesn't seem very likely for that to happen.
pianotm
Hmm...You said you removed your scripts one by one? Try opening a new project (that way, you know it'll work normally), and try adding your scripts one by one and see if you can't find the problem that way, because this definitely sounds like a script issue. In fact, I've seen the script that does this before, but I've never used it so I can't think of which one it is.
author=pianotm
Hmm...You said you removed your scripts one by one? Try opening a new project (that way, you know it'll work normally), and try adding your scripts one by one and see if you can't find the problem that way, because this definitely sounds like a script issue. In fact, I've seen the script that does this before, but I've never used it so I can't think of which one it is.

Ayy, I found the problem that way. I actually had two different scripts that somehow caused the same problem, so that when I removed one and added back the other the problem still happened. Adding my scripts in a new project helped me figure this out. Thanks a million!
pianotm
Glad I could help!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
You're only allowed ten items because we all remember the fiasco last year at Thanksgiving. You haven't shown us yet that you can be responsible for more than ten.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ten is enough. Don't be greedy.
author=Sooz
You're only allowed ten items because we all remember the fiasco last year at Thanksgiving. You haven't shown us yet that you can be responsible for more than ten.

Hey man I'm sitting here living off of tap water and Biglots coupons and you know damn well that Megan would've taken all the crescent rolls regardless
FYI you can also change the item limit without a script by editing Line 220 of Game_Party

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Get Maximum Number of Items Possessed

def max_item_number(item)
return 99
end
author=SgtMettool
FYI you can also change the item limit without a script by editing Line 220 of Game_Party

return 99
end

Yeah I know but I had two other scripts setting the item limit below the default so it wouldn't have mattered
author=Pancaek
author=SgtMettool

return 99
end
Yeah I know but I had two other scripts setting the item limit below the default so it wouldn't have mattered

As i say already, that´s should be closed, think that was solved already?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The thread's still open because only mods can lock threads, and this one (and probably others like this one where the request was fulfilled) has evaded their notice?
We don't lock threads when they're done?

They just die slowly and peter off into that sweet goodnight because people don't post in them afterwards. So, you know, stop posting~ ;p
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Until someone commits thread necromancy :V
Well, unlike some sites we're okay with a little necromancy. It depends on how and why. If it's someone with the same issue asking about more details or something like that, fair enough. If it's someone who didn't start the thread just reviving to say "LOCK THIS BECUS IT DUN" then it's not okay.

>.>
Sooz
I think we should continue to make up reasons why Pancaek is not allowed items. :V
pianotm
Sooz
I think we should continue to make up reasons why Pancaek is not allowed items. :V

This actually sounds like fun...
Pages: first 12 next last