RESOURCE DOWNLOADS

Pages: 1
So someone brought to my attention something that never twigged to me when I uploaded resources to the site, but is pretty important.

Adding a download to a resource is only available after it's already been submitted - you have to edit the resource in order to add a download file to it and that's a little weird considering some resources you definitely want to have uploaded (music or large packs of graphics, for example).

There's no option to add a download from the offset. Now I do realise that it says that you can add more files to the resource after submitting, but it seems a little silly to force you to submit before doing so, right?

I mean, unless it's something we can't actually add to the default page for some reason - in which case, maybe if we made that line in the description a bit bigger or added just before the submit button or something so it can be seen easier, it might alleviate the issue, but I think there's a fair few people out there who only added links to the body of their resources because they missed the line about uploading completely.

Anything we can do about that?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Yeah when a submitted a resource i had to link to it in the resource's body. I had no idea you could upload them here.
blame the programmer who couldn't elegantly figure out how to seemlessly upload a file at the same time as creating the database entry and requisite autogenerated ID.
I'm not blaming anyone, just needed to write it down so I didn't forget to touch base about it. XD

Even if we just make the text about the download being accessible after the first 'transaction' stand out a bit more would be fine. It was something of a realisation why a fair few of the resources in the queue didn't have downloads added, that's all - because they didn't know the feature existed.

(Granted, they should have read the blurb text, but I'll admit I was also guilty of not doing so myself, since I've a fair few resources added and didn't realise it was a feature... >.<; )
Pages: 1