[RM2K3] XENOMIC'S HELP TOPIC

It sounds like you pretty much have the script figured out. You can check to see if monsters are the target (which I have found to not be 100% reliable) or just check every turn to see if any of them lost HP (a much more difficult but more reliable option). Then check if the one who lost HP/was the target is "correct." If so, kill all six of the Helpers. If not, increase the "wrong" counter by one. After all six are checked (which will happen every turn), check if the "wrong" counter is high enough. If it is, set the "wrong" counter back to zero and use a random number between 1 and 6 to re-randomize the six Helpers.

PS: I haven't forgotten about getting back to you on the question about handling custom equipment values. But I'm also not sure when I'll have time to put it together. Sorry :(
The question though therefore is what happens when an AoE attack is used. I'm thinking of making it do all the wrong ones and THEN the right one, but that's 2500 damage to the party (which well...in that situation, they SHOULDN'T be using an AoE to begin with), but making sure that it does it properly nonetheless should be a thing.
It sounds like you've got it again. Check the change in HP for each incorrect enemy hit first, then for the correct one. You could even do both at the same time with something like this:

Set Switch(CorrectHit) to OFF
Set Var(DamageToParty) to 0

>> Repeat this chunk for all six monsters.

Set Var(Monster1HP) to Monster 1 Current HP
If Var(Monster1HP) is less than Var(Monster1PreviousHP) then
<> if Var(CorrectMonster) is 1 then
<> <> Set Switch(CorrectHit) to ON
<> else
<> <> Var(DamageToParty) + 500
<> <> Var(WrongGuesses) + 1
<> end
end
Set Var(Monster1PreviousHP) to Monster 1 Current HP

>> You set the monster previous HP outside the conditional branches so that the HP value is always accurate. If you don't, it may desync.

>> The DamageToParty is checked first so that it always triggers (such as with an AOE attack).

if Var(DamageToParty) > 0 then
<> Damage party the amount of DamageToParty
end
if Switch(CorrectHit) is ON then
<> Set Var(WrongGuesses) to 0
<> Inflict death to all six monsters and whatever else that needs to be done
else
<> if Var(WrongGuesses) > 3 then
<> <> Set Var(CorrectMonster) to random value between 1 and 6
<> <> Set Var(WrongGuesses) to 0
<> <> Some animation to denote that it reset
<> end
end

>> It's important that you use "else" above so that the Wrong Guesses script only runs if the correct monster was not hit. Unless, of course, you REALLY want to discourage AOE usage. In that case you'd want the "wrong guesses" script to always run first and the "correct guess" script to be in the Else script.
A few months late, but thanks for the help with that Hedge, and all the help you've given. I really, really appreciate it. ^^

So here's a new thing, it's been months since I last had to post anything like this. It might be a simple thing, but I'm not 100% sure on how I want to handle this:

The coding you see here implements the ResistControlBug that PepsiOtaku did (I -THINK- it was Pepsi anyways...?), which allows for the developer to change the resistances of enemies and allies alike whenever during a battle or outside of battle. For instance, in THIS coding, if a character has the Zombie status, their Cure resistances are flipped (0014 is for whenever enemies use skills that heal you, 0018 is for player skills and abilities that heal them). That's fine and dandy, and this code works perfectly well. HOWEVER, I need to update this coding to include No Healing (0% healing), which is what I've decided my Cursed status will do (I'm debating if there will be a No EXP status right now...) which will make that status that more scarier to have around, and a Half Healing status (Disease is what it'll be here). I need to be able to account for all 3 of these statuses potentially showing up at any given time (it's VERY unlikely it could happen, but you can't be too safe, right?). So...what's the best way of handling this coding to do this? Can anyone help on that regards?

(Also on that note, I've decided to completely remove my Weapon Bless coding. Not only is it not that great, but it takes up a LOT of space and is probably what lags the game the most. Wish there was a better way to implement that...)
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
So your question is how to handle cases where you've got statuses that result in half healing, no healing and healing being flipped?
Pretty much. Basically, I need to fix up the coding above so that it:

A) Checks for if it has any of the three statuses all at once.
B) Checks to see if it has any 2 statuses together (Zombie/Cursed, Zombie/Disease, Cursed/Disease)
C) Checks for each one individually
D) Makes sure to revert them back to default, which it already does if it doesn't have ANY of the statuses on I think
Trihan
I don't think you necessarily do. Are they ever going to have combined effects? I mean, if you have curse and disease, surely you're still just going to end up with no healing, right? Essentially curse supercedes disease. And the possibilities with zombie are either that zombie takes precedence and makes you take full damage from healing, or having curse/disease in addition to zombie makes you take half/no damage from healing. If that's what you're going for it would actually be pretty cool as it means you could tactically inflict yourself with status effects, but I'm not sure whether that's what you're going for.
Hmm....probably not. The only time is in this one battle, but I could easily just remove the Half Healing effect from this boss battle if need be. Every other fight will never have all 3 statuses I think, but it's still something to do just in case I think? I mean, don't have any abilities that can grant those effects or anything...
Trihan
I'd probably just leave it for now and revisit it if you do end up needing it. No point in having it there if it's never going to happen.
Well, the thing is I'm at that point where I have a boss that can inflict the No Healing effect, and a boss a few fights down can do the Half Healing effect, so I kinda have to worry about it right now. It's just that not all 3 of them are in the same fight at the current time. So...then would it be better to just have them in separate common events then for this??
Trihan
That's likely how I'd handle it. Either that or decide on a "hierarchy" for the effects and just do nested conditional branches so that the higher priority effects take precedence.
Hmmm....so something like:

If Reimu Cursed Status
<Coding for 0% healing here>
Else If Reimu Zombie Status
If Reimu Disease Status
<Coding for reversed half healing here>
Else if Reimu Zombie Status
<Coding for reversed healing here>
Else if Reimu Disease Status
<Coding for halved healing here>
End
End
End
End

Something like that? I don't know how to set it up in code format using <code> here. >_<
Trihan
You'd want to use the [code] and [/code] tags. Not quite what I meant, I'd say it'd be something more like:

If Reimu Cursed status
<code for 0% healing>
Else If Reimu Disease status
If Reimu Zombie status
<code that sets reverse healing flag>
End If
<code for half heal, reversed if zombie flag is true>
Else If Reimu Zombie status
<code for reversed heal>
End If

This greatly streamlines things: if you're cursed, you just don't heal or take damage. If you're diseased, healing will be halved. If you also happen to have zombie, you'll take half healing reversed. The else order means that if you don't have one of the higher-priority ones, it'll still process the lower.
Oh, it's with brackets and not <>. Whoops!! ^^;;

Ahh. I was off on the Disease/Zombie one. At least I had all the others right! Once I get this working, I may actually update some of my enemies to be able to use some of these things (Zombie doesn't actually show up until halfway through the game. It MIGHT be fine that way, maybe).

So it would be something like this, correct? 0014 is the attribute for the enemy healing effects, while 0018 is the attribute for the player healing effects, if those aren't exactly obvious or whatever.
Trihan
Looks about right to me.
Alrighty, that'll at least take care of the. The next step for me is figuring out how to set all the physical/magical/elemental resistances (oh boy is that gonna be fun!!!). It'll probably be the same as you see here, just...for all of those above (right now, I only have NulPhysical/NulMagic set up, and a separate common event for Mystic):

(Just imagine this for NulMagic and Mystic Resist, but just for one attribute instead of various ones).

Now, I'm debating if these should all be combined into one common event for the NulPhysical/NulMagic/NulElemental/Halved Elemental/etc. or be in separate common events. I would assume it'd be easier (if lengthy) to have them in one, especially since I have to check for equipment to make sure it changes resistances appropriately, as well as if there's a possibility of multiple buffs being on (i.e. NulPhysical/NulMagic can be applied together on the Starlight Barrier skill. That's already set up, so that's nothing to worry about. But I do have Armor Elemental Bless, which has one skill per element (bar Poison/Gravity/Mystic), so it's possible to stack Fire Armor Bless, Lightning Armor Bless, and Earth Armor Bless, and this doesn't include Reisen's and Yukari's Mystic Armor Bless skills).
Trihan
I have to admire your dedication to this, I would long since have moved to XP or higher and done all of this with scripts. :P
Well, I kinda CAN'T move because...ya know...80% done with the game's main story and whatnot (was 50% 4 years ago...but even then, I didn't want to move to another engine just to have to redo EVERYTHING all over again, not to mention graphics and whatnot would've been a problem...). ^^;
Ok, so I need to clarity this. This is about Turns Elapsed, because I'm sure I'm using it wrong.

So, I have an ability that's meant to be used once every 60 turns. Right now, it's set to "Turns Elapsed 60x +1". Now, the question is, will this make it actually WORK every 60 turns? I know that the "+1" means it'll first be used on turn 1, and I'm assuming the "60x" means every 60 turns after that, right? So if I were to put in "Turns Elapsed 20x +20", it'd first be used on turn 20, then every 20 turns afterwards, correct? And "Turns Elapsed x10 +60" would be first used on turn 60, then every 10 turns afterwards??