FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You can get away with not having Esuna against the mirrors if you deal damage fast enough, since once you destroy a mirror, that mirror only deals regular damage and not any status effects. But you do still need esuna at the end to keep the boss from exploding.

Garnet's BSB will be really good against the Curada nightmare boss.

From the lucky draw I got Palapymo's sweet hastega + faithga + reduced cast time buff ability. Plus two useless items. Another hastega is definitely appreciated, but I'd like a physical one next time, since this is my third hastega + faithga buff.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm currently in the midst of entering the Zidane battle, cheekily dealing one attack with all my characters as he steals three times in a row, and then getting the fuck back out again. That will allow me to attempt him with full SB gauges, which should make it more doable, because god damn is he annoying with his constant momentum breaking.

A really cool boss though. It also helps that the battle theme is Vamo' alla Flamenco, which probably ranks in my top 5 FF9 tracks. But his Steal ability being Steal Time, Power and Defense at once is definitely a bit broken. Especially since the party doesn't resist breakdowns.

Edit: Alright, did it. I guess that's one way to cheese bosses that have a buff phase before they start actually attacking. I'm glad I was able to beat him though. It would have sucked to have to back down from a challenge by my boy Zidane.

Edit2: You know how Rikku has Hyper NulAll? A really cool sould break would be an actual NulAll. Temporarily moderately raises fire, water, lightning, ice, wind, poison, dark and holy resistance. Something like that. Maybe for Yuna. Most bosses don't deal elemental damage, but it'd be really useful against those that do, like those freaking Black Waltzes. I was able to Master them on 200 difficulty eventually, but it took a few tries. Thank god other people have bursts that let them spam AOE wind attacks.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Isn't that the same as raising RES stat almost all the time? It'd only be more useful than Shell in cases where an elemental attack bypasses RES.

I didn't even bother with Zidane. Steiner and Beatrix gave me such trouble. They were too strict qq

also... oops x_x
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Zidane was an asshole. I beat Steiner and Beatrix relatively easily with a reraise medica, though.

Uh, once I figured out exactly how Beatrix's climhazzards were timed, anyway. Kind of a mess until then. Dr. Mog sure spends 20 lines in every fight telling you useless bullshit that's true about almost every enemy in the game, instead of just saying "Beatrix uses Climhazzard at 80% and 40% HP, reducing your entire party to 1 HP. Both enemies can inflict sap, kupo!"

The FF10 event was, objectively, a lot easier. But personally I can't beat the challenge mission this time because I'd be forced to use three characters who don't have soul breaks, and leave three who do on the sidelines.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I beat Evrae Altana and Guardian today.

Didn't master Evrae though, because in the third phase, it started charging its Nightmare poison breath again immediately after I used Esuna on him and couldn't get a second Esuna in in time. :C

Guardian was a bitch, though. The hot potato gimmick becomes completely impossible at later stages of the fight, and even if you could time your attacks well, I used Summoning spells and Soul Breaks to deal with the ever respawning Launchers, so Wave Cannon just dies, leaving you to deal pitiful damage to the guardian itself with its insane health, defense and resistance. And even if you use white magic to heal the wave cannon so you don't accidentally kill it, the hot potato goes to it and it blows itself up. Very much an endurance fight, that one.

I should have been more sparing with my mythril. I didn't realize an FFT event was coming up, and now I can't 11-pull. >.<
I guess I could bank on a lucky 3-pull, but the security of always getting at least one 5* un an 11-pull is pretty important.
Jeroen_Sol
So I ran a bunch of Realm dungeons to get to 50 mythril. I pulled Ramza's burst, which is awesome, because he was the only one on my main party who didn't have a burst yet.

I'm not sure how long Shout lasts, but I think I should be able to use both shout and the burst. The Hastega at the very least should last long enough, even if I'm not sure about the Boostga.
LockeZ
I spend all my mythril on the first FFT banner, and then spent 100 gems for the first time in months because Orlandu's overstrike is so ridiculous. It's really, really ridiculous. Triple cast speed for 25 seconds. I want it so bad.

I didn't get it. If I can get any more mythril before the event ends I'll probably keep doing individual pulls. I now kinda regret blowing 15 mythril on stamina refreshes during the greens event (except I don't really regret it at all because that was guaranteed rewards and relic draws are a 90% chance to get nothing)
Jeroen_Sol
That moment when Cuchulainn silences all of the healers in the party and you just have to accept defeat, even though it won't happen for two more minutes.

I got more lucky on my second try. For one, people actually bothered to bring Esuna to a status ailment fight, and we didn't have any people using Sentinel's Grimoire right after I used Stoneskin2. We were able to master him pretty easily then.

There really should be a better way to communicate strategies. At the very least in the preparation screen, since you won't have time to type during the battle. I really want to be able to tell people: "If you use SG/SS2 on the first turn, I'll just wrath until I can spam Asylum when the boss goes berserk."
LockeZ
I would settle for "I'll shell!" "Shell please!" and then equivalent versions for protect, haste, and a generic "buff". Plus some "Hey, Player 1" stickers so that other emotes can effectively be targeted.

I would also settle for removing multiplayer. Or just... making it rarer. Two battles every three events instead of four battles every event.
Craze
I didn't even bother with the MP mythril last event. Couldn't care enough to give it my time. I did the magus sisters solo, but... blehhh, multiplayer. I would als obe okay with just removing it at this point. It was a fun idea but the execution isn't there.

Why so many wind orbs... I went to hone Ultra Cure but I had used all my wind orbs on honing Powerchain/Full Charge to rank 3 each a few weeks ago :< Also Tiamat to R3 because Alphinaud :<

Dark orbs would also be nice. I could just destroy Morbid Countdown and the NotSaint Cross but.......... what if I need them....
Jeroen_Sol
Faris MC3 is finally here!!11!11!!!1!ONE!1ONE!!!11!ONE

1200 extra HP, 20 extra Def, 30 extra Res. Should definitely help a lot with her survivability. She's really good, but so squishy... >.<
Craze
give me eiko mc3 or give me... even more eiko deaths

but yeah, faris is getting hers after i unlock alphinaud with the ff4 mc3
Jeroen_Sol
Whether or not you can beat Rubicante is completely dependant on whether people are intelligent enough not to attack him when he puts up his cloak.

I mean, there's the "Hold on!" stamp, but even that doesn't really get across the message of "Please don't attack!". This proves we also need "Please don't" stamps.

Like: "I'll wall!" "Please don't wall!"

Also, where are people getting all of these custom stamps like "Happy new year!", "I've been waiting!" and "Nice!"? I think I've beaten all raids to date, but I've never unlocked any.

Dark Bahamut is a lot easier than other 180 bosses, it seems. I got him in one try. It's really satisfying if you dispell his Reflect, and then he counters by trying to bounce Flare off himself and he hits himself.
Jeroen_Sol
I didn't think I'd ever run out of realm dungeons. But yesterday I beat the final Elite Dungeon so far, and now I don't have a way to get fast mythril anymore.

Welp.

Gotta love having 177 stamina though.
LockeZ
Craze why is your roaming warrior still a level 70 character with a generic damage spell
Craze
because favoritism. there's enough sgs and medicas out there

...i should change it to Leylines or Transcendent Dream but

also the ff4 ultimate was laughably easy... and i forgot support. had to redo it just to get the mastery. =| i'll do the other two battles tomorrow
LockeZ
I don't care if it's a weird ability, but at least feed him properly
Jeroen_Sol
You could change it to Sheepsong if you have it. It's always a pain trying to find those.

Also... Getting extremely frustrated at all these retards who think attacking Garland before SS or SG is a good idea. >.<
How hard is it to wait a turn and not draw out his counterattack that twoshot everyone? Urgh. Even if I spam "Defense Please!" in chat 500 times, they still don't get the message. This is why we need "Please don't attack!"
Jeroen_Sol
Alright. I beat Garland now. Being the party leader has the advantage that you can write "Don't attack Garland until Wall is up!" in the party message.

Or maybe I just got lucky and the others weren't idiots this time. Who knows? At least I still have a 100% completion rate of the raid bosses. I was heavily considering just giving up on this one.
Craze
of apocalypse or of just the ultimate level? i've done almost all of the ultimate level but none of the apocalypse raids.