FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I feel sorry for huge wikis like the Final Fantasy wiki that started on Wikia back when it was decent, and now are stuck there.
Ah, I see. I never see ads because AdBlocker so never had a problem there lol. Though don't know about the Javascript (or cookies), though wikia DOES like to break a lot of times, aye...>_>
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Time to grind me some orbs. I have a severe lack of high-rank 4* skills, leading to me running out halfway through some boss battles. -.-

Edit: Also, fucking finally.

Now if only Cloud would be so generous to drop his materia as well. He's lv. 77, and I've never given him any eggs, but he still hasn't dropped it. -.-

Edit 2: Also wow, I'm seeing a lot more cacuars and gigantuars than in earlier orbfests. Have their spawn rates been increased? I like it.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
What I got this summer while away (bolded ones are my most-used draws):

Platinum Shield (YASSSSSSSSSSS, so good)
Demonsbane (finally, an Ashe relic... her worst but still has some good blk holy tech)
Defender II (Leon SSB, will be very useful for some of those elites i've skipped)
The Ogre (my only BSB -- I was pulling for Garnet's, but I'm plenty pleased with Zidane now doing Support duty for me in physical fights)
6* Bistro Fork ("oh good i finally have a HotE buff" (i then pull apocalypse shield two weeks later. still, this was incredible for the CMs)
Hunter's Spear (kimahri's self-buff spear. i got it from my ff9 draws. weeelp.)
Thunder Glove (BEATRIX YASS)
Aurochs Reel (or whatever it's called. I got this from the Support lucky draw, and I'm glad because I've been wanting this SSB for the auto-states. gj wakka)
Selphie Stick Recolor (the white magic attack. i now have her basic medica and her basic holy attack sbs. good for CMs, i have better for just about anywhere else -- this will be a huge help for when i do Evrae Altana though, I bet)
Sasuke's Katana (EDGE BBY GIVE IT TO ME. i love having an instant-cast fire/non-ele attack. edge has been used quite a few times since drawing this, and it helps that he's my fav ff4 character)
Yellow MPhone (i haven't used Cait Sith as much as I'd like because aoe fights have been lacking recently... but boy when they show up again, i'm gonna break them)
Yoichi's Bow 6* (faris and fran, my beloveds... you are so good to me)
Sage's Staff (i have all of lenna's non-super SBs. thnx gurl, you get a ton of usage since you are now incredibly versatile)
YDA GLOVE YDA GLOVE YDA GLOVE (waifu aoe buff)
Thyrus (i don't even use wall anymore but it's nice to have, esp. for dissidia U+ coming tonight)
Chocobo Brush 6* (hell yes)
Minerva Bustier (terra now has a spot on my Lulu-driven mage party, nice to have you terra)
Serah's Glove (yaaaay i know better versions will exist for other characters, but this one is just fun to use and i love the hokey animation)

I beat every cid mission for the past three events, but sadly couldn't do CMs/ultimates before then because of my schedule. (Actually the only U/U+ battles I missed were Braska (UGH POWERCHAIN PLS), but I missed all CMs until.... uh, I forget.)

I didn't touch mote or nightmare record dungeons. fuck that shit while in the woods and super-busy =P i'm excited for northern cross this week though!

Dissidia event is fun. I've done 7 refreshes on this orbfest phase so far. Then, saving up mythril for Hope BSB. Currently leveling the various villains... the next dissidia event is gonna suuuuuck since my only villain above 50 is Golbez because i have his beautiful dark+ heavy armor, and gabranth because i used him for the FF12 event in hopes of getitng a relic for him (i didn't).

edit: i also have last judgment grimoire from a lucky draw but i don't use tyro anymore so w/e. i've beat every ultimate and u+ without wall (both CM and normal) except titan since i had thyrus anyway
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
According to TFMurphy, they're seemingly about to start encrypting a lot of the battle data, including enemy stats, skill effects, and possibly other stuff within the next week or two in the Japanese version. They're definitely going to start encrypting some of it, the only question is exactly what.

What this means is that data miners will no longer be able to find numbers for things like "This enemy skill has a 30% chance of blinding you" and "this boss has 541 speed" and "this soul break does 830% damage" by examining the game's code in an emulator. This stuff will still be possible to determine with testing, but due to the nature of the gacha draws, for one person to maintain a database like Enlir's, that person would need dozens or hundreds of accounts.

TFMurphy optimistically thinks he might be able to get around SOME of the encryption for his own data mining, but says that even if he is successful, he's very unlikely to share how with anyone else (which seems reasonable to me). He also thinks enemy AI probably won't be encrypted, so his own enemy AI guides should be able to continue, just maybe with somewhat less info. But Enlir's database is going to take a major hit and Zurai's boss guides are probably going to disappear.
Craze
guys i got lightning's bsb from the celerity draw

*kicks 7* blazefire sabre under the table* actually it's funny, i have lightning bsb and balthier ssb but my first weapons for them (7* and 6*) are better equips IN-REALM because of synergy. outside of the realm, the aldebaran is better and the lightning bsb sword will be better once i finish rosettaing it higher than the blazefire sabre.

speaking of, what have you guys rosetta'd? mine:
7* Blazefire Sabre - 15/15
6* Shimmering Blade - 15/15
6* Drill - 15/15 (dat +20 def, fran loves you so)
6* Yoichi's Bow - 7/15
7* Lohengrin Sword - 4/15 (gave up now because i got BSB weapons)
5* Overture - 3/20
5* The Ogre - 2/20
5* Platinum Shield - 2/20 (I THOUGHT IT SAID IT WOULD RAISE THE ATK OKAY)

My rosetta order, unless I get Hope BSB, will probably be to finish Overture and The Ogre before finishg Yoichi's Bow and then maybe doing armors I use across realms like Platinum Shield and 6* Wind Veil.

lockez that sucks :< i don't use enlir's database a lot, but it's terrific when i do... the zurai guides will hit me hard, though. thankfully we still are global so we're a few months behind jp....
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
With my own Stoneskin and Dr. Mog's teachings and Mako Might finally in my possession, I can now master 120 bosses quite reliably. I could probably beat 140 Ultimates by the skin of my teeth if I tried, but that'd be a lot of effort and would just frustrate me to no end.
LockeZ
I put 15 rosetta stones into Beatrix's Save the Queen because it's a sword with MND, and I almost always put curaja or protectga onto a physical character for every boss. And I put some in Golbez's armor because it's just too good; the optimizer equips it in every realm except FF6 and FF7. However for the most part the rosetta stones sit in my inventory because I hate choosing. And because I don't have any good upgraded items to make the choice easy.

In fact I have very few upgraded items in total. I have an FF5 genji armor+ and an FF5 judgement staff++, but they're still worse than non-upgraded 5* items that were released later. I also have an FF9 hat and an FF12 robe upgraded to + that are actually decent, but they're nothing special and I usually use realm synergy equipment instead of them.
Jeroen_Sol
Wait, seriously? They're going to have an Dissidia (Cosmos) event, but are not adding Emperor Mateus, the best FF villain, main antagonist of Dissidia, and fan favourite in Japan as a playable character? What the hell?

Also, where's my Cloud of Darkness? She has a lower priority of being added than Mateus, but still.
Maybe he'll show up in a later Dissidia event, who knows? He's probably one of the last few left for FFII in the JPN release (only other one I can think of is Scott but who cares about Scott?). CoD might show up soon too...maybe. They still got a lot of the support characters left they can throw in for III if they really wanted to, like they did with Desch.
Jeroen_Sol
Oh, that's pretty cool, they just started a survey about what enemy characters you want added to the game.

A lot of people on there seemed to agree Mateus needed to be added. XD
LockeZ
Although Cloud of Darkness was used as FF3's representative villain in Dissidia, we might get Xande instead in FFRK, since he was the actual main antagonist of the game and had a much bigger role. Their roles were basically the same as Golbez and Zeromus, or Kuja and Necron - the first time Cloud of Darkness was mentioned in FF3 was 20 seconds before you fought her. Dissidia is a good guide as to which villains we're most likely to get, but we did already get Edea instead of Ultimecia, so it's not at all a guarantee.

If we get another temporary playable character from FF3, it needs to be Ghost Cid. But who I think we'll probably get instead is the rest of Snow's stupid numbskull gang from FF13.
Jeroen_Sol
They also need to add Borghen, if only because the list of evil support characters is... rather lacking.
Craze
i can't wait until we get punk snow and evil snow dresspheres

also i got exdeath ssb armor from a 100 gem pull! i am so ready for this upcoming cid mission ~~
Xande did recently appear in PFF so he might show up in FFRK (no doubt he will, in fact, although CoD was in PFF too). I suspect we'll get Ultimecia at some point too, but it's hard to say with this game who we'll get. I mean, who'd thought we'd get Angeal of all people??

I really hope we don't get those guys from XIII. We'll probably wind up getting Jihl though because she was in PFF as playable...
I haven't posted in a while in this thread, but now I can comfortably beat U/U+ and some of the Nightmares! All F2P of course!

Celes with native Indomitable Blade breaks the game just like Runic did in her game. If I were to get my hands on native Wall I could easily master the other three Nightmare bosses.
Jeroen_Sol
I have native IB and native SS, but I still struggle very hard beating, let alone mastering 130 bosses, and have not once beaten a 140 one. The only 130 boss I mastered was Gi Nattak, because my 7 synergy is pretty good. I'd love to know how you're able to master everything so easily. ^^
Craze
Jeroen_Sol
I'd love to know how you're able to master everything so easily. ^^

not pictured: R3 dark zone
Jeroen_Sol
Fair enough. That will help XD.

I still use a lot of 3* skills because to me, it seems more reasonable to use skills with more uses than it does to use skills with more power. But I guess I just need both.

My skill progress should go faster now I can master up to 120 difficulty with relative ease. But I keep going: "Yeah, I could upgrade this skill to R4, but I could also not spend all of my power orbs."
Craze
if you read back a bit, jude talks a lot about that. a big thing is to consider overall damage, and also just knowing the boss. if you only have R1 Saint Cross, then save it for the end when you need to knock the boss out of their deadly final phase, and put something with high hones in the other slot.

a few other tips:

-Lifesiphon/-ja spells/Banish Strike/Power Breakdown/Magic Breakdown are the most important 4* abilities that you should prioritize getting to R3 (Lifesiphon is only if you have good (S)SBs, but i assume at this point you do)
-you also need r2 protectga/shellga and you need to use them. i can do many fights without wall just by stacking proshell with effects like divine guardian, rose of may, edgar's drill, etc. (all the +50% def or res sbs) and breakdowns
-3* spellblades, against weaknesses, are more efficient than 4* spellblades (i can go into more detail if you want. i only have R4 FIraga Strike and the others are like R2 because I have balthier's imperil fire so it's #wurf)
-draw fire/magic lure are absolute godsends, especially with squall's RM3 (+50% SB gen from getting hit)
-you want, need, crave full break. it's the most important 5* skill in the game. your wind orbs should focus on getting it to R2 before anything else. if you time it well, that should last you through most tough fights (R3 gives you way more breathing room, though)
-stuff like powerchain/full charge, tornado strike, dragoon 5*s, etc. are all luxury fluff. don't worry about them =P
-if you have a good samurai, strongly consider honing up yukikaze. a bunch of mooks and even some bosses are vulnerable to Blind and it's a very strong aoe (not as good as Flashing BLade, ofc, but FlBl is expensive)